Not looking so good.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ADAM GREEN, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Hello everyone.

This is my second attempt at growing, my first went very well and the end result was perfect. But this time im having some trouble and i could use some advice on what to do from here on out with these.

At first i bought this nice new florescent ballast with FOUR 4ft lamps. a T5 to be exact, and everything was going great until the top leaves started like dying and getting grey and crispy, the new leaves on the flowering buds and i started to worry so i moved the light up away from the plants a bit. but nothing since then has really helped the plants, heres the pics..

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

and btw they are Pineapple express, hashberry and two bubba white shark.

I was using pie tins as water drainage pots and they rusted a bit underneath the pots and one plant had its roots coming out the bottom haha. any and all advice would be wonderful. oh and theres a slight dead plant smell and a gnat here and there.

Help!

2. Root rot? Pictures?

3. From the look of some of those leaves with the lighter banding on the edges you have a deficiency of some sort. I can't remember if that symptom is magnesium, pottasium, calcium or phosphate but it's likely something along those lines. Do a search on here for deficiencies and one of the threads has a deficiency chart with pics that will help you diagnose. Along with that, make sure your pH is where it should be b/c a poor ph could be preventing the plant from properly uptaking nutrients.

Also can you give us some more info like soil type, nutrient brand, water (tap, RO, etc) and your watering and nutrient schedule. I think these can be saved but you need to get moving but also don't overdo it when you try to help them. Make sure your ph looks good and begin to give them the nutrients you think they need. Start small and if you see improvement/stabilization you know you've found the issue can adjust from there.

4. Go to plant sickness section. The stickies have awesome info on it. I don't think root rot bro. I think that's like a massive zinc or boron or one of those micronutes they need. What are you growing in coco? If you grow in coco or some soilless ways there's no micros in the medium and can develope these types of symptoms I use promix and even though I'm pretty sure there's some in there I still give a monthly feeding of earth juice microblast. It's organic micronutrients

5. I dont see any pics. He said rotten plant smell. Meh. I respectively bow out on this one.

6. thanks for the advice, i had a feeling it was a nutrient deficiency of some kind. I will be getting some new nutes soon. Also, I am using an organic soil mixture.