Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

not hateful but anyone else not like Blue Dream

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by erky_love, Dec 12, 2022.

1. it’s never worked for me as like it’s effects feel muted and i actually dislike the weed. anyone have any similar experiences with this strain? or any others?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I grew it once........never again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I have a pheno, some say its the old school pheno, smells like fresh blueberries and fresh plastic. Not a sativa fan, its all indicas for my back pain, but its a fantastic smoke.
    I think it comes down to the cut, that old school one is a banger, but most others are mediocre.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. I still run a Blue Dream we've had going since the 90's. Everyone loves it. I'd suggest whatever they're calling Blue Dream now is nothing like the original. Similar to many older strains like Super Skunk and or Northern Lights. But, some folks may not find the same strains desirable.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Blue dream is amazing and it’s my favorite strain. But like others have said it depends on the cut you get…The real blue dream smells like blueberries and cream.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Our favourite atm.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Where's a good place for blue dream seeds?... I grew it years ago,loved it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. When it first came out, it was amazing.

But now, anyone can grow it and made it shitty.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I suggest getting it from someone that has the old genetics. Mine doesn't smell strongly of blueberries. Mine leans more towards the SSH. Though it grows more like a Blueberry in structure.
    The strain I find that really smells strongly of blueberries and sweet creme is from a newer breeder called Diamond Nugz. The strain is called Blueberry Snowdream. I grew out two plants and both fit that description perfectly. It's not a high THC strain. But, the smell and taste is wonderful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Thnx timj , the way the same strain varies it's always hit or miss with me, I do love blueberry's tho, I'll check out nugz:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  12. I generally smoke indica dominant strains, as sativas can sometimes get me too focused on things.

Strangely enough, Blue dream (the good kind, there is a fair bit of bunk or otherwise weird shit called blue dream out there lately) is one of the few sativa doms that can give me a really enjoyable and intense head trip.

Jack Herer is the only other sativa dom strain I like (that I know of at least) and its basically like a "blue dream light" effect for me at least. So if you aren't a fan of blue dream, you may also wish to avoid Jack Herer (or not, its not like I'm basing this on any sort of study or evidence, just random association)

Anyways, always happy to discuss the individual variances in highs between different strains and people, hope you've found a strain that suits you!

• Like Like x 5
  13. I believe it's the Haze strains that don't agree with some folks. Although I could be wrong. Many times we just have different preferences.

• Like Like x 3
  14. You might be onto something with that now that I think about it and the experiences of myself and friends / family who smoke. It could also be that I just ripped a massive bong hit before posting this.
    upload_2022-12-12_17-45-28.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. correct me if i’m wrong but Super Lemon Haze i.e. has terpenes that helps migraines. not sure if it’s the lemon or haze that does that but that is one of the best sativa imo

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. I live way out west and the blue dream in my city isn’t right (to me) it’s weird because mostly everyone here likes and loves it though. so maybe just me this is when we can agree to disagree on Blue Dream. Jack Herer is a very good strain too i haven’t had that in a good minute though. reminds me of Deadhead, that literally sent me to the psych place once when i was 19. back then i once stayed a weekend tucked away somewhere near town and smoked exactly 11 grams. total fuchin pot head. :smiley-rolling-joint:

• Like Like x 4
  17. I don't believe it has much to do with the strain itself.
    https://incatrailterpenes.com/blogs...-cannabis-strains-for-headaches-and-migraines

In the ID Migraine™ questionnaire, hybrid strains of cannabis, of which "OG Shark," a high THC/THCA, low CBD/CBDA, and strains with predominant terpenes β-caryophyllene and β-myrcene, were most preferred in the headache and migraine groups [20]. This is an excerpt from the following article.

Medical Cannabis, Headaches, and Migraines: A Review of the Current Literature.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Did a Seedsman Blue Dream last crop. Seems fine. Nothing exceptional about it, but nothing wrong with it at all. It did grow very well, very bushy.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Bought it from a friend for 220$ oz. Was horrible. I used it for tincture and it was full of tiny seeds.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. Wow, that sucks. I guess it all depends on where you live and who you know. Around me $100.00 an ounce you'd get some very good weed. Seeded pot/brick weed is around $30.00 an ounce.

• Like Like x 1