Not growing :(

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by JoeGreen420, Apr 4, 2013.

1. I planted Northern lights big bud a month ago. and it does not appear to be growing, however it is not dieing.... If you have grown this strain before and can provide some insight as to what is going on, please. I dont know if I am over watering, over nutrient(ing), or if it is just a slow grow. :confused:

If you have grown this strain before with success, please post. Thank you.

2. Almost forgot photo.....Please consider.

Attached Files:

3. What's your ph and ppm? It sure looks like ph is off and is in shock. Not eating, not drinking, just stuck.

4. Thank you for the response. I am testing PH now. Will post back in a few minutes.

5. Okay. Rocky, you hit the nail on the head, my friend. My PH is 8.2!!! :0

But let me get this straight for myself....

High ph is due to what? Hard water? Or is it a conglomeration of different issues?

6. Forgot to add -

What are the best practices from your experience in lowering the PH levels?

7. Nevermind I found my answer. Reverse Osmosis to the rescue, Im off to the hardware store. Thanks again for the post. I appreciate it.

8. Oh wow 8.2 yep that will do it! You can lower it with a ph down additive or naturally with apple cider vinnegar. However vinnegar takes large amounts to stabalize. Plus hydroton has a tendancy to creep up on its own anyway so I would recxomend getting some ph down from the hydro store and get back to 5.8 asap. Good luck buddy

9. Looks like your water level is way to high, I get best results when I put the water level about an inch from the bottom of the net pot. Here is my northern lights at 6 weeks.

image-2589996796.jpg

10. Thanks for the picture. It gives me a good example of what things should look like. Back to conclude I got it taken care of.

I'm at 6.2 - Crohn's symptoms seems to be returning slowly, so I need this to grow (fast).

I've run out of herb and have been without for about 2 months now. You have my thanks, both of you. Thank you again. And I'm out.:hello:

11. Glad to have helped. Good luck with the crohns, my wife deals with something very similar - not fun

12. way to much water rockwool should be moist not soaking wet. the bubbles pop and the rockwool absorbs the water from the hydroton. water shouldn't be touching pots. jm2c