Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Not getting high anymore. Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by MissLady2190, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Well..:confused:

I am a very seasoned smoker, I have been smoking for the past 7 years but continously the past 3 years.
    I try to stick to my 3 b's, Bowls Blunts and Bongs.:hello:
    Bowls have just been tareing my lungs up lately, and blunts well they do the same but I can catch a buzz.:( Bongs don't really get me anywhere either. Joints get me no where.:mad:
    Recently we went to our local headshop and purchased a bubbler, the first time we used it we were wicked baked, now, again like everything else it does nothing.

I would really like to invest in a vaporizer but they are extremely expensive. But word is you get 92% of your high.:smoke:

I have quit before, for about a month and then when I started smoking again, my tolerance shot back up.

I have no idea what to do now. :confused:

If this has happened to you and you figured it out PLEASE let me know!:eek:

2. Quit for 3 months.

3. Tolerance break, I'd say it's the best solution. I can't really help you about vaporizers, as I've never even seen one in my life :p

4. I feel ya, OP. As soon as I find the magic cure, I will share it. Don't think there is one except for taking more time off. No one likes to hear that, but it is the plain sad truth.

5. Sounds like its all in your head... You said you weren't getting high from bongs, then you bought a NEW bubbler and got smashed... I dont know how that works.

1st suggestion is TOLERANCE BREAK. Stop smoking for a few weeks, when you smoke again it will feel like the first time.

2nd suggestion is smoke differently. Bongs will get you higher, faster, and with less weed. Get a good glass pipe, single chamber, no ice, and smoke some bowls, dont stop smoking until your baked. Blunts and joints are much less conservative. In a scientific test done in AUS, they found only 20% of the THC reaches your lungs with joints and blunts, where 47% of the THC reaches your lungs with water pipes.

6. Citation?

7. Do not smoke for 48 hours, or 2 sleep cycles. You will notice a BIG improvement.

8. #8 Wrecked, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2009
  9. i wish the first time i used a vaporizer my first time but i turned it down and my friend rolled some blunts. I really regret that now, I never got to use that vaporizer.

10. Wise man say

"To get high.....one must first be sober."

Try not to smoke all day , Then with some good weed.... take a good bong rip. Hold it for twenty seconds. (Until it comes out of your ears)

That Always works:D

Remember smoking more isnt the answer........its either all in your head......your doing it wrong.......or you got to get better weed. KUSH!

11. wut kind of bud are you smoking? get some top shelf, ull get zooted and cabooted

12. tolerance break, and then when you start again, smoke smaller quantitiess. that will keep your tolerance low.

13. Take a break

14. bullshit. all in your head or you forgot how to smoke weed

15. Thats what I was thinking. Funny how she got high the FIRST time with her NEW bubbler, but after that she couldn't get "high" anymore. Sounds like she was just excited about the new piece so she felt happy, and higher. Remember, the high builds around your mindset... If your depressed and you smoke, it might help you out, but you will still be in a sad mindset. If your really happy and you smoke you'll feel 10x higher.

16. Im going to make a list for u sweetie :hello:.

- Take a tolerance break, like everyone else has said. If you dont want to stop for too long just stop from 1-3 days and you will get high.

- Try eating a mango 30 minutes before you blaze.

- Try to smoke asap after you wake up in the morning.

-Smoke nicotine after smoking weed.

-Lace your weed.

- Definately buy a vaporizer.

-Get drunk then smoke.

-Buy higher quality weed if you can afford.

-Hold the smoke in for 5 seconds.

- If smoking with others have them shotgun their hits to you.

-Make or buy hash and smoke that.

-Buy alot of cheap weed and make edibles.

-Dont share your weed with your friends until you get high first? :(

I hope that helps take you back to the stars :).

17. exercise...do you? that might help a little...take b vitamins everyday...drink plenty of water...i notice when i do all of these things, i need to smoke less, to get as high, so iw ould suspect if i smoked the same amount, id get very high..worth a try..better than quitting...i agree, after you quit, your tolerance goes back up after like 2 smokes

18. That is a motherfucking great article. +rep for bringing that to my attention.

19. Like everyone already said, theirs only two things you can do when you build up tolerance to a drug:

1. Tolerance break for a few weeks, or,

2. Smoke larger amounts

Vaps are pretty key all the same though, they may be pricey but in the long run its a pretty cool investment in my opinion in terms of your health and being a more efficient way of consuming weed.

20. Marijuana and the Brain, Part II: The Tolerance Factor

Read that article and you will know, to stay high, dont smoke more, smoke less. The more weed you smoke, you brain creates an equilibrium by turning off potential Cannabinoid receptors. If you smoke less, more receptors will function giving you a stronger high.

I suggest taking a break, then smoking less.

The only place the contradictive statement "Less is more" is with marijuana use and tolerance.