Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Not feeling the same high anymore?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Tackyyy, Mar 31, 2009.

1. So I've been smoking for about two years ago and I remember back in the day when I used to smoke one bowl to the face and be reallllll blazed, but now I can smoke an L to the face and feel perfectly fine. What happened? I know my tolerance is built up, but like.... I don't feel all gooned up high like I used to.

Ex: One time I smoked a little to myself, and went in my room and put on "Wouldn't it be Nice" by the Beach Boys and it was amazing. If I were to do that now, it wouldn't be as fun or cool anymore.

My friends and I used to get so baked it was so much fun, but now we just kinda pass around a couple blunts, talk about whatever, and then be on our way. Another thing is, I live in a really small town that usually has just mids going around, sometimes nugs, but not anything real special. Do you think it's just because I've been smoking mids too much or what? Like what happened to me?!

2. Well the more you smoke your obviously going to buildup a tolerence, that happens with everyone. You need to get some dank not mids and take a tolerence break or something.

3. #3 mobitsfa, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2009
    I feel the same way. I used to laugh so much and just be a retard when I smoked one bowl. Now even though after taking t-breaks I do feel higher, I just don't get that silly great high anymore.

I guess it just goes as you're more experienced.

Some specific strains make me laugh more though.

And it's not cus I don't smoke good stuff, I buy meds from dispensaries, so I do get high quality.

4. yeah same here man. smoking headies nonstop for this long, i dont get fazed at all like i usedtoo.

5. I just got done reading about some T-Breaks on these forums, and how you get back to that "virgin stoner" you once were. I'm thinking about taking a week break or something, see what it does.

6. imma be taking a T break for 420 hours before 420...

that is a good idea to lower your tolerance in a cool way

:bongin:

7. same things happened to me and i smoke the best cali weeds there is now, and smoked more like mids when i started.. i just started 6-month probation with drug testing so i'll hardly be smoking, im on my 3rd day in so far, curious to see how blazed i get by the end. I know the one time i took a week break i felt higher off one snap than i normally do off 2 or 3 snaps.

8. that happend to me too. fortunely i was put on probation lol. it forced me to stay clean for 3 months n when i got off i got high as a fucking kite but not quite the same ol get blazed than laugh at people walking down the street.

9. this happens to me too. ur just smoking a lot and ur body is used to it so you don't get as high anymore. i have to smoke high quality bud to get high, i usually have to smoke about 3 or 4 bowls to myself to get the hight that i want. it kinda sucks.

10. dude im on the same boat as you. ive been smoking daily for months now and i can get high but itll only last up to an hour and i come down. it used to last longer and hit me more as well. t-break is the best way to cure this. the longer it is the better high youll get when u come back but if u are deciding to smoke weed again. i would shoot for a 1-2 week break.

11. Yeah I feel you man. I'm probably gonna go down to my friend's college for a visit and bring back home maybe an oz of some dank so I can have some good stuff for the summer you feel me.

12. Take a 2 week break, will prob suck, but should help you out xD

13. I have cut down majorly. Just trying to get rid of this tolerance. I went about 20-24 hours with out smoking and I could notice a big difference. I can only imagine what it would be like if I quit for a week or 2. Just try putting some distance in between tokes and you will appreciate it more.

14. I've been kind of studying this phenomenon lately.

I've been smoking a decade now and have experienced several months long T-breaks.

You can get pretty stoned with short breaks, but if you smoke heavily it will probably take you as long as it takes to pass a clean drug test. 4-5 wks sober.

After thinking about it a long time I had a philosophical break through. It's hard to articulate but try to follow me. I tried hard to remember my first months smoking and what they were like. I realized I really wasn't that high at the time, it was just all new to me and so mind blowing in that effect that I was extremely high. What I'm saying is I think regular schwag buzzes were so amazing at 15 compared to being sober and 15. But even though now I can get higher than I was ever even capable of getting as a child no matter how high I get I'm simply accustomed to being high. No matter how high I get the general experience is nothing new to my brain.

I can get higher now than ever before, but it's still not the same as when it's new.

For a shorter instance it's like this. If you've never tripped your brain has no comprehension for what it's like to trip. But once you've done it once it's something you'll always know, and have to compare to other experiences. Even if you only trip once the doors that are opened will always be opened.

But if you just want to get REALLY high again. Save up a few bowls of several different bags/types of weed. Take at least a wk long T-break and then put at least 2 days worth of pot of several strains into a brownie or whatever. Eat in the morning on an empty stomach, and drink a redbull so you don't fall asleep.

15. same here.. last night i was smoking before goin in and playing some cod 4 before bed and i smoked a bowl out of my roor. i sat and smoked a cig wondering if I was high enough. turns out i wasnt and had to smoke another bowl to my face... this tolerance is getting out of hand

16. buy better weed and start posting in the apprectice tokers thread...2 years isnt quite seasoned