Not enough light?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Luciddaydreamer850, Apr 22, 2017.

1. #1 Luciddaydreamer850, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
    im in zone 8 near the gulf coast and I'm worried we aren't getting enough daylight hours and my girl may start to flower early.. sunset is around 730 and sunrise is around 630.. should I even be concerned about this with an outdoor plant? From what I understand, they spend longer in the veg state than indoor plants. First timer so y'all be nice.

Also I FIMed for the first time yesterday so Im sure that will add a week or two to it's growth time..

2. I ran a typical 18/6 for veg..Indoors you can veg almost forever if you choose. Switched to 12/12 to begin flower after 30 days..Outdoors your plants will no doubt think fall is coming w/ 12/12 sunlight..something to consider..
    Careful though...Pests will come indoors with your plants and make themselves at home. I lived in Fla for a while, and could not believe how they found their way in..Always remember, they were here 1st!:(

• Like Like x 1
  3. Indoors isn't an option.. sadly.

I've checked our daylight hours and we are getting a little over 13 hours and that only increases over the next few months. Hopefully she will hold on.

4. Any chance of putting them under an outdoor light for a few hours daily (timer)? Would not make it worse than without.:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. For how many hours/ what hours would you recommend?

6. Also I FIMmed Saturday and I guess it's like mom said a watch pot never boils I'm not seeing much of any change hopefully I didn't mess her up.

7. What ever hours your are getting by the sun then supplement the rest so it gets 18hr of light. Even if not very strong should still keep it awake.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 Luciddaydreamer850, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
    ;)

9. Your already showing white pistils

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes sir! I planted by seed on March 1st so she's roughly 8 weeks old.

11. She's never spent a moment inside though.. we had an early spring