not another joint thread

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by b to the lunt, Dec 31, 2010.

1. look heres the deal guys, i can roll a nice blunt and a nice joint BUT....

i have seen guys roll joints so they were as perfect as a cigarette, burnt just as well and was as smooth smoking and looking as one. what exactly is the trick? ive been rolling them inside out to use as little paper as possible but, sometimes when i go to tuck the edge in so i can roll it up, i have some trouble getting it to tuck. i usually compensate by really rolling it tight before i seal it, then ripping the extra paper off (remember i roll inside out).

people say "just roll it tight" but with headies there is such a thing as too tight. anyone have any specific tips? things they do to get them perfect because, practice only works if your technique is getting better.

2. Have you tried rolling with a card?

My friend rolls some of the best blunts I've ever smoked, and he uses a card. It takes him like 20 seconds, and they always burn / smoke amazingly.

3. Roll straight up doobies aka non filter kinda conical bomber joints. I think it makes it easier to roll to perfection if it has a slight taper to it

4. you wanna know the trick? most ppl I know who roll the absolute perfect joints use joint rollers, even Wiz khalifa uses a joint roller even though he hand rolls as well. the only cost like 3 dollas best investment if ya a joint roller in my opinion. They even have bigger ones for blunt rolling.

5. I 2nd the joint roller but blunts should be hand rolled, at least in my opinion.

6. na i agree. i dnt use blunt rollers just lettin em kno they are out there. honestly i dnt roll anymore period straight bong hits

7. Practice makes perfect obviously. I found what helps me a lot is too get the paper loaded up then bring the two edge's together and press your herb together. So if you were to remove the paper you'd have a sort of defined object. Anyway once I do that I lower one edge until I can just see a tiny bit of green then with a sort of interesting thumb and pointer finger movement I'll tuck the bottom paper under and roll it right up. Now for a blunt I would just roll as is, close off one end then put a filter in the opposite. But for a joint I twist it up.

Really the best way is find someone you know in real life that knows how to roll then roll a couple doobs up with him or her. There are just some things that are hard as hell to learn one way from a youtube video.

And yes a joint roller is a good thing to have. But because I only smoke a joint/blunt once or twice a month I always hand roll it. It really is fun to hit a bong then sit there for the next five minutes or so rolling up a beauty.

But really, find someone you know that will help you roll papers. Remember it doesn't have to be weed either. I'm sure if you went into say your local paper shop and picked up like a three dollar bag of tobacco or something you could find a tobacco smoker who would show you how to roll.

8. As an expert, make sure ur herd is "paper friendly"....like no chunky bud not broken up all the way...I use scissors, make sure its pretty fine but not TOO fine. Dont use no tricks by using a card, dollar bill, twisting the sides.....dont do any of this. Why? because you can learn it the right way! Do it like this...everytime you roll a joint roll it just by using the paper how it is with out doing no tricks, I just fold my in a different spot then its already folded in. I put the bottom edge right under the gum and then make my new crease, which eve side is gonna be ur cherry put ur thumb blocking that side so no herb falls out when ur placing it in, put a little less herb in the side of ur mouth piece. remember you can always roll it too tight and then loosen it up, but you gotta roll with 100% dried weed. just keep practicing this and in a month or two you will master this shit the right way. I get told all the time that I roll the "best joints" also "they smoke like a blunt"....also roll the joint across the table with ur hand (like ur rolling a pool stick across the table) to smooth out the joint from any un-even rolling, this will help stop the joint from running. Hope this helps.

9. who gives a fuck what wiz whatever does just practice practice practice. yeah some types of weed when u try to tighten it tend to just pack tighter and tighter. but i see some people have joints where theres no bends or creases in the paper its just so flush and smooth. im workin on it

10. gotta get your weed distributed evenly among your paper, then just twist it up. lol nothing more too it

11. Take an index card and bend it in half. Pour medium-to-small size granules of herb in the newly formed crease.

Make yourself a crutch/filter. Pre-roll the standard cylindrical shape using the crutch as the starting point. Gently lick and stick, and wait a couple minutes for proper drying.

Now simply glide the empty shell through the weed using the crease. (Makes the endeavor a lot easier.)

Gently pack the joint by tapping the crutch-side against a hard surface until the joint takes on the desired "consistency". Repeat as many times until said joint is brimming with ganja.

Twist, light, enjoy.

12. [quote name='PickleHead']who gives a fuck what wiz whatever does just practice practice practice. yeah some types of weed when u try to tighten it tend to just pack tighter and tighter. but i see some people have joints where theres no bends or creases in the paper its just so flush and smooth. im workin on it[/QUOTE

You missed the entire point of my thread soley b/c I mentioned Wiz Khalifa. The entire point was invest in a joint roller it'll cost you like 3.50 and ya joints will look exactly like cigs, which is wut the OP is trying to obtain. Or instead you can remain an ignorant fuck and keep smoking them lumpy ass disgusting looking joints. Your choice, best advice though hit a bong save time get higher. that is all.

13. roll a cone filter roll a cone joint use kingsize papers a little tobbacco and theyll burn perfect use a thin paper raw, ocb, smoking, elements etc. European style of rolling and its the best way in my opinio0n

14. Well that was a little uncalled for.

Practice till you find a way that works good for you I think is the best. Nothing wrong with using a roller either tho. I only roll joints for personal. I don't really like sharing joints, can't wipe them off when it gets around to you.

15. Hey now, I can hand roll a joint that smokes and looks just as good as any fucking rolled one. :mad:

16. Just buy a joint roller. Who cares if it's rolled by hand or with the help of something, a joint's a fucking joint and it's still gonna get you high.

17. True, but having a joint-roller in your pocket, along with your papers and herbs among other things, could become somewhat of a hassle I would imagine. IMO, its a nice skill to have--not exactly needed, but comes in handy in those situations where you can't summon an automated device to do seemingly simple work for you.

As for techniques/tips: Like many have stated, evenly chopped/ground and distributed herb definitely play a prominent part in "perfection". And if you're in the anatomic majority, remember, you have all those ten fingers--use 'em (if not, well, cheers for still continuing to roll!). Index fingers can really help to keep the soon-to-be tucked part secure.

Like norml56 stated, practice and find what works for your style.

P.S. Personally, I think filters taste like doodoo:(