Nostalgia for Graffix

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by marathon man, Mar 4, 2009.

1. OK, I am sure that others have publicly pined for their dearly departed Graffix bongs, but I just gotta. I had a two foot acrylic purple Graffix bong named "Janis" about 20 years ago. My friend stole it. Boo! Anyway, I loved that bong. The best part was the weighted soup can bottom. Try as I may, I cannot find anything like it today. Perhaps it's gone for good. All I see are crazy wacked out pipes with 50 chambers and tubes and levers and panametric fams to effectively avert side-fumbling. I just want my old simple straight weighted tube with an aluminum butterfly slide. Is that so much to ask for? OK, I'll stop now.

I guess it's time to get on the VAPE wagon.

MM

2. Haha, yeah my smoking virginity was taken on a Graffix bong. It had a Big Bird head weighted soup can bottom. The acrylic looked badass when the black light was on. If I saw one like the one I first hit, I would def buy it for old time's sake.

3. HAH! I was just about to reply and say that I didn't care for the ones with the decorated bottoms (mine was just black felt), but BIG BIRD!? That is pretty sweet. I think that smoking out of Big Bird's skull would earn you some karmic equity.

MM

4. Haha, yeah Big Bird. That was what kinda convinced me to take the dive and start smoking. I wasn't planning on it, but as soon as I saw the Big Bird Graffix, I was like "Wow, I want to hit that shit!". :bongin:

5. mmm my friend has his dad's graffixthe very same as you talk about, except its resin colore4d

6. They have a place that sells graffix bongs out here in new orleans. They have a range from the simple acrylic to ones with chambers. Not sure if they ship but it would be worth the try if you are looking for a specific piece. They don't show their pipes and stuff on the website but least you could do is get their info and give them a call.
    http://www.mushroomnola.com/

7. Anyone have a a picture of one? I'm fairly new to the smoking game (2yrs) and haven't ever seen one.

8. acrylic bongs have been weeded out for a reason.
    alluminum slides? yummy.

you're better off just buying a $15 glass spoon.

9. I hate smoking out of small glass pipes/bubblers, but I don't mind smoking out of a 2 1/2' acrylic bong... :rolleyes:

10. i call people like you crazy.

11. I love my glass, and still prefer it over any other medium. I wouldn't mind having a bong that is very similar to the one I first ever smoked on to hit here and there though.

12. seconded

13. i call them nostalgic, but thats just me.

14. Thanks, Jay +rep. There is no need for others to insult someone because of what they like to smoke from.

Nostalgia is strong, indeed. BTW, I love glass, too, of course. But some of the new bongs confuse me :confused:

MM

15. To each their own i think is a common phrase. I would like to see one as well

16. i understand maybe keeping an old tube around to LOOK at for nostalgic reasons, but i just can't ever see myself wanting to take a toke from a piece i knew wouldn't hit as well or wouldn't taste as good. appreciating progression is one thing, but i see no need for downgrading.

17. This is not my image, so I won't claim it, but here is a RooR next to a circa 1980 Graffix acrylic with the weighted soup can bottom covered in felt. The one I hit had a different base, but they are all basically the same. I hope noone expected a whole lot, lol.

[​IMG]

I also heard that Graffix name and logo had been sold, and are now putting out some GonG that I saw. It still has the crazy evil looking jester for the logo, which I like.

18. Sweet pic. The old and the new. The owner of that acrylic should remove the ring around the top and smooth the top out by heating with a lighter and molding it. This gives a better hit and helps to avoid bong zits. (We knew our pipes back in the day.)

+rep for this pic.

MM

19. BTW, speaking of glass. I remember when Graffix started making their glass tubes. They were the first glass bongs that I ever saw. They were so awesome we all loved them. They broke all the time. Heh. A friend in my dorm in college had an 18" Graffix glass tube with a nice weighted ceramic bottom. He broke his glass slide like every other day, but the tube somehow survived. Ahhh, the memories.

If someone would have brought a RooR or Medicali or someting to our floor we would have shit ourselves - like Cortez going to the New World. lol

MM

20. Yes, it would mostly be for nostalgia, which is a killer powerful motivator. I would love to have a glass tube, too. Actually, the main pipe I use is a cute little glass steamroller type thing. I'll post a pic.

MM