Northern lights grow help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Smallgrow12345, Sep 14, 2019.

1. 5C1631B8-AB1B-4D68-A37A-655C4DB46F05.jpeg 24DE86F5-5210-4777-A89B-F325C41EDED0.jpeg 1DE57E86-E8BC-4D8A-9B2A-B9DFEBE91516.jpeg Hi everyone, I’m 10 days in on my first grow. I’ve ran into a few issues, but fixed them. First off it was stretching, but I replanted to make it short again. I also had the seed casing stuck on the leaves for the first week. Does this look normal for day 10? I’m using kind soil and coco loco and I’m watering everyday 1-2 a day with a dropper with a ph of 6.5-7.0. Am I watering too much or too little?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Also this is a northern lights auto

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hey, @ILGM Will ..... Will,....May I PM you with a question about seeds ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ok, I’ll cut down the watering then. I didn’t have them anywhere close to the seed when I transplanted. I have the light pretty close right now. Also when I water, I do about 5+ droppers filled with water around the stem and going out. I hope this one makes it.

6. Thanks for the info by the way. I really appreciate it. This is my first grow.

7. Heya buddy not to worry you but your gonna have a confusing grow if you dont get fairly lucky.
    Shouldnt mix coco and soil, theyre completely different media that behave nothing like eachother.
    Keeping soil wet will kill them but you cant let coco dry out for lots of reasons. Different ph ranges and behaviours too. Also makes it pretty hard for folk to correctly diagnose or fix any issues you might run into.
    Id have a hunt about for someone who uses exactly what your using and get tips from them mate. Most folk here, including myself will struggle to give you accurate advice because of the mixed media.
    Its totally doable like, just need to watch who you listen to. Just thought id give you a heads up cos youll get some conflicting opinions on how to treat them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. This for sure. Good look man. I had to reread that to make sure I was correct on op. Very interesting to mix the two for sure.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ive seen it done succesfully but not something id advise. To many grey areas to even try to wrap my head round it.
    Like, How do you flush out the excess nutes that build up on the coco due to the wet dry cycle required by the soil? Its a paradox lol.
    The ph of the soil is 7ish but the coco loco will be leaching out veg nutes at 5.7ish most likely and probably pretty hot ppm wise. Will the soil fix that itself? Could probably sort the ph itself but makes for a pretty unpredictable, potentially very hot mix.
    Time will tell, i could be wrong but dont think itll be an easy journey.

10. The soil I’m using is the kind soil super soil. It’s meant to use the mixed media for the top half and be a water only all the way to harvest. I do appreciate the advice thank you. Kind Soil

11. #11 Spanish@rcher, Sep 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    What you mean mixed media top half mate? I'm confused now. I thought you meant you were gonna do a bag of soil, a bag of coco loco and mix them together for the pot?
    Think I missed the mark a bit didn't I lol

12. Sorry I explained that weird lol. So the soil I’m using, Kindsoil, says to use a pound for every gallon your grow pot is. So you put 3 pounds at the bottom of the pot. Then you use a topping soil and they recommended coco loco. You don’t mix them at all. Once the seedling grows roots and is looking for nutrients it will stretch to the bottom of the pot where the nutrients and moisture sits. This soil is able to take it from seed all the way to harvest with no nutes. If you look at that link I posted it explains it very well too.

13. same problems with my northern lights auto rn. im a 2nd time grower, first time auto and my plants 6 days old right now. its barely an inch out of the soil and the seed casing was stuck on the cotyledons as well as the membrane, which i had to remove with spit and tweezers. my last grow had no problems whatsoever and it was bagseed and i was able to start 6 seedlings no issues, but when I buy an actual seed, shit grows slow as hell and has problems shit luck

14. Yea please do my friend

• Like Like x 1
  15. The link wouldnt work the first time mate but it does now!
    Thats fuckin genius!

The coco loco is at the top.
    That was the slow release, ph 5.7ish nutes I mentioned.
    I said the nutes would be complicated because of the difference in pH values between the 2 media but because the soils at the business end of the feed and it's higher pH, that will be much better for later in life once the Coco has lost its value.
    The majority of the root mass will feed from the coco for the first month or so....
    The roots will be into the bottom layer by 10-14 days but they'll take the easiest option.
    Which is the Coco, so the they'll expand to fill that before trying to drill through the soil underneath.
    By which point they should be able to handle the soil, which in turn will balance the pH of the preloaded Coco.
    Fuck aye mate. That's sounds awesome if I got that right??
    Get a journal started man. Tag me in!
    I wanna see this now.
    I withdraw my previous statements of concern mate.
    I think, logically, this should work really well if I've got it right this time.
    Never seen it done like this mate but the more I think about It the better it sounds.

16. I have never heard nofit being done like that, but it's very much like the way I do it. I make my own soil, I have no problems what so ever. For water I use rain water, and give them a shot of Micro tea once a month and watch them grow. But i'm very interested in your new grow. I'll be watching and if you need any help for what ever reason please ask ok my friend

B Safe\Will

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks, I was really nervous about the whole nutrient thing so I stumbled upon kind soil. I’ll keep updating you. I’m not really sure when I should water again, the website does say 4-5 days since the soil does hold all the moisture not the coco. I got quite a bit of growth today in some new leaves. I’m gonna let it sit for about 2 more days then possibly up the watering considerably since I’m coming up to two weeks. It’s pretty hard to tell since the soil is at the bottom of the pot.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Also, yea you got it completely right. If you look up kind soul grow a lot of people are getting amazing results.

• Like Like x 1