Northern Light Harvest Time

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jbenton1981, Mar 23, 2017.

?

Harvest?

1. Today

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Next Week

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Next Month

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Hey guys,

I've been a lurker here for the past few months, learning as much as I can. I started a small grow in soil on Dec 1 and started flowering Jan 1st. I've had trouble dosing nutrients correctly in soil even after following amountw carefully, so for my next grow I'll be doing hydro. The auto flowering northern light forced me to put the two pineapple kush into flower too so the pineapple kush are about a week behind in flowering with not many orange pistils. I'm attaching a picture of a plant that I think may be ready for harvest. I'm not quite sure if it's ready or long overdo to be harvested. The breeder is Royal Queen seeds and they suggest a flowering time of 5-7 weeks however I've heard breeders underestimate flowering time. Thanks in advance for any help.

Attached Files:

2. Get a jewelers loop, it's the best way to tell by looking at the trichome's for a milky clarity not clear. I usually go 2-3 weeks more than what's on the package.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. Great bud btw. She looks pretty!

• Like Like x 1
  4. She's looking good man. Do a little research on organic grows before you settle on hydro

• Like Like x 2
  5. I have attached some pictures taken with a microscope, I couldn't get focus perfect but hopefully someone can make a determination from them. Btw I'm planning to do another organic soil grow side by side with a hydro grow.

Attached Files:

6. You've been flowering for about 7 weeks right? They're not done yet. There's some milky but mostly clear it seems get a jewelers loop you'll know 100% then. You can see each individual trichome, it's 10 bucks and well worth it.

7. Will do. Thanks for your help.

8. Personally, in my opinion. The crystals look phenomenal, your overall grow is great (the hairs are long, and healthy. Which is a very very good thing). I would say it's ready for harvest as of /now/. What's your wattage for your lights?

9. 400 Watt Sunburst HPS Bulb. Small grow of only 4 plants in a 3 x 3 tent. Using Aurora Innovations, FoxFarm Ocean Forest and Poland Springs distilled.

10. Damn 4 plants in a 3x3 and it's that chunky? You sir have a green thumb. Royal queen always gives great results! Can we see the others?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. So by the time you harvest, 400 (W) x 4 (P's)= 1,600 (G's). Your overall harvest should be 1,600 grams or more.

12. Wait... why did the auto force you to put the pineapple into flower? You can run autos 24/0

• Like Like x 1
  13. Some quick pics, pineapple kush is also Royal Seeds.

Attached Files:

• 5.gif
      5.gif
      File size:
      195.9 KB
      Views:
    • 4.gif
      4.gif
      File size:
      210.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.gif
      3.gif
      File size:
      203.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.gif
      2.gif
      File size:
      187.7 KB
      Views:
    • 1.gif
      1.gif
      File size:
      245.3 KB
      Views:
  14. These don't look ready yet. Maybe another week or two. Lovely grow, you have a green thumb for sure.

15. I wanted to use the tent for drying all four plants.

16. Now this makes more sense!

17. Wow that would be 3.5 LB?

18. 3.527 lbs with a networth of $16,000 USD.

19. I doubt whole heartedly you'll get 3.5 lbs off the plant. But it won't be a small yield! Remember like 40% of weight is lost during drying and cure

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nice, growing purely for my medical issues, in fact it's funny I don't really enjoy smoking other than for pain relief. This supply should do me well for awhile.