Northern Ireland - First time - Grow room pics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kevboy03, Dec 12, 2007.

1. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Hi guys just decided to start my own grow as its getting a bit expensive for green over in Northern Ireland. Ive my seeds germinating now at the minute (original northern lights) i bought a 125 watt cfl 6400k lamp with reflector + a 2700k lamp for flowering, im planning on growing 2 plants and wondering if this would be the correct amount of lighting for the space that i have, 3 ft x 5ft and 7ft high. The temp is always between 65 - 80 degrees and humidity alway between 50 and 70 percent, the current Ph level is dead on 7 when the run off is measured, the dirt im using is B&Q Brand compost mixed the perlite. I think im doing everything correct but i would like your great advice on things i need to correct before i start the actual growing, thanks very much if you take the time to read this i appreciate it!! :)
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Attached Files:

2. Maybe I will stand corrected here but, why is there a therm/hygro meter on the hood?

I put mine on the wall so it gets reading from actuall atmosphere in area

Also with foil, why not mylar?
    Alotta people dont like foil, it makes hot spots and reflects wrong at times.

Where your from gets pretty cold at nite, what are you doing for that?

Lighting CFL's are not my thing so I cant tell you if its good enough but sounds like its plenty.

GL and I am sure some vets will give some advise too.

3. My two cents..

1.Lighting is fine for two plants in vegging but you'll need at least 100watts in the 2700k spectrum per plant when you flower to get a decent yield.
    2.Temps are fine. A 15 degree drop when the lights are off is recommened from what I've read. It's working for me at the moment around the same temps you're getting.
    3.Yeah mylar over tin foild is what you want.
    4.You want to keep your humidity down towards the low end as much as possible.

4. Thanks for the help guys, the reason i used foil was that i wanted to gain a little experience in growing first before i went and spent money on the mylar and better equipment, this is just a cheap grow, until i've mastered the Ph, temp, watering etc. When i gain a bit more experience then i will go all out for the proper equipment. All i wanted to know was if what i have at the min will work in the mean time and by the sounds of it it will (fingers crossed). The humidity gauge doesn't stay on the reflector theres a shelf just above were i keep both that and the thermometer. So is my current Ph of 7 ok or should it be changed?? Also i heard from alot of people that the humidity should be alot higher than what it is at the min is this true?? thanks alot guys i appreciate the help :)

Ps. At night time the temp in my cupboard doest drop too much due to my great old central heating, lol, so theres not much of a temp drop at night times, thanks again