Northern Canada Island grow 06

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Green First, Jun 10, 2006.

1. :wave: Hello everyone ,

This year is upon us again, and the plants are planted. I'm trying three different strains this year White widow, passion 1 and Quebec Big bud (Freezeland * big bud).

I went out for a boat ride, since my spots are on lsland's (this has many advanages). It's been two weeks since i planted, i was worried that the plants didnt catch yet, but my prayer's were answered and everything is almost ok.

Ok. Alittle about the island spots. Its' on an island like i said, traffic is nil almost except some fishers. Bascally the island is a hugh feild in the middle and dense bush all around the edges. So i plant all around the edges in the bush, this provides protection and shade until there big guys. I've planted directly in the ground, all the plants are around 2 to 3 feet apart squared. The soil consists of pro mix, blood and bone meal and some lime. Also, i mixed the surrounding soil in the mix(very light and fluffy/sandy soil) Fertislzer, all i use is Heavy harvest (time released - fert once a month). So far since i starting this island spot i've only had good results, well one year a deer decided to take a couple of bites of my plants but thats it..... no worry about rippers here.:cool:

I will post pics once i buy a new camera again;) !

I had alot of grow threads on OG, but thats no more AKA was Green Plz. Here's a sample of whats to come.....this pic was last year, strain Early Girl. Those plants reached almost 11 feet....."dam that fertizler:D "

Oh and my question i almost forgot, white leaves ..... frost ?...... it was like some of the leave tip were white and flaking off >??.... a buddy said maybe frost ????

Attached Files:

2. thats badass spot to grow man...u got any shots from the harvest?

3. Growing on a remote island - must be a neat idea. How are you for water supplies??

Real good bushy plants there.

4. Here a couple pics just before harvest....these are not the same strain as the first pic tho....these are Passion 1:D .... finished 1st or 2nd week of sept ...thats early for moi:cool: . Also, the passion 1 bud turn almost a pinkish/purple colour when there budding.... the taste was earthy ....great stone .... couldnt finish a joint all at once (good sign), But the best part about this strain is the finishing time.....i would recommend this strain to everyone who likes good weed.

Let me know what you think or if you have any questuions...dont hesitate

Peace out.

Attached Files:

5. <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Today 03:47 PM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 1031615" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Spanishfly</TD><TD class=alt2>Growing on a remote island - must be a neat idea. How are you for water supplies??

Real good bushy plants there.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ya growing on the island is ok, except getting there sometimes can be hard. The winds are harsh sometimes so that's really the only issue...well and the price of gas too buts thats another story....

I have 2 hugh plastic containers that hold 120 liters a peice, besides that there's water everywhere considering im on a lsland surrounded by water...:D ........:wave:

6. Ahh, your island is surrounded by FRESH water then?? That makes it all so much more realistic.

Some mighty colas in them there pics.

7. what was the final weight cured

8. lol god damn... now that's a grow. wish I had a convenient island like that around :)

9. wish i found a nice little spot like tht its perfect, no1 to steal ya shit lol you got bug repelent? coz i'd be pissed if my plants died coz of some little spiders or sumit

10. Spiders are carnivores.

11. Cheers to everyone.

well i went out on another excursion yesterday......all was good....except a couple of rabbits were alittle curious( i think rabbits). A couple of the plants were ripped out of the ground and the plant/peat pucks were just laying there.....so i replanted the fuckers.....hopefully those dam rabbits wont be back.....they obviously didnt like the taste, because only 4 out of 60 were pulled and one was replanted...so 3 not bad.....out of the three years planting this is the worst dmg so far......dam fucken rabbits......i guess i got to break out the MOTH BALLS....that will work....

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Yesterday 11:02 AM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 1032731" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>dopenugz</TD><TD class=alt2>what was the final weight cured</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Well i got about 2 pounds off the passion and about 6 to 8 p's off the early girls.......not bad....the only complaint i have from last year is the potiency of the EG.....weak THC....still works but its a light high....hugh yeild tho...cant have the best worlds....except this year may be different.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Yesterday 01:53 AM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 1032419" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Spanishfly</TD><TD class=alt2>Ahh, your island is surrounded by FRESH water then?? That makes it all so much more realistic.

Some mighty colas in them there pics.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yep one of the biggest in the world.....so no lack of water eeeear. ya I had three passion 1 plants and i got just over 2 pounds....not bad.

12. In one of the Great Lakes ?? No that´s not Northern Canada.

13. man your living the dream man! you lucky grower :) people dream of growing on islands

14. <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Yesterday 11:12 AM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 1034642" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Spanishfly</TD><TD class=alt2>In one of the Great Lakes ?? No that´s not Northern Canada.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yep you got it .......:D ....ya it is northern canada....my worrys are very limited because of the island grow....like i said before almost zero risk of rippers....the only thing i worry about is running into bears by my self again.....ya again...last year i when to the island and after going through the bush to get to the field i noticed on the opposite end of the feild there was a family of bears....(i dont know if they were a family, but there was more than one)....now i never leave home without bear mace....note to all .... bears are big and hungry in the spring......play safe......

you guys will freak out once i update with new pics of the spots on the island......after only 2 weeks in the ground without fert they grew at lease 12 inchs in 2 weeks......."dam thats fast", she said. I predict they will reach at lease 10 feet.

15. dawg how do you get those plants so bushy and huge like that

16. Patients and more patients:D ..... thats the key and also expenience......I use only heavy Harvest as my fertizlier...... the best money can buy,,,,,time release ....specailly designed for Weed and not tomato plants (fuck i hate when companys are to scared to advertise what there real purpose is.....anyways venting).......

Three things that you need for monster plants ......1. sun 2. Soil 3.good fertizler......some may say difference.....also water (thats 3 and half).......

Cheers for Weeds

17. I agree, if you can grow, and not worry about anything, grow the most bud you can, yield the most! Blaze On

18. Those are beauties. I would love to see your finished plants before you havest them. Promise to put a pic up for us to see.

19. Heres the latest and greatest so far....this is the white widow :D .... all the plants here are 4 weeks old and their about 2 feet tall... so far....out of 50, im 50 for 50 at this spot .... no animals problems.."YET"....:smoking:

in another 3 weeks ill go back to this spot to fertizler once again....(heavy harvest ...time release once every 3 weeks)

Any questions....:devious: ....also next time im going to top all of them....here's a question, should i top them or tie them down? what has better results?:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

20. Well I fI were you I would top them and tie them down....thats what im doing. Did it last year and it really works great. you can make a 10 foot/10 foot bush into a 17.17 foot bush. MOre plant matter more bud!!!!