Norml

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by OrganicOso, Feb 3, 2010.

1. So I'm thinking of going to my first NORML meeting tonight but I'm nervous cause I won't know anyone and I'm normally a shy guy. Just hoping to meet people with similar interests and all that jazz ;) Wish me luck blades!

2. Good luck, I'm sure everyone there will be chill.

3. Smoke before you go. :smoking:

There was a norml booth at a music festival I went to that my cousin was part of. All we did was hand out flyers and pamphlets and blaze mad herb to the sounds of The Grateful Dead tribute band known as The Schwag.

4. Let us know how it goes.

5. What he said

6. Alright, so that was an experience. I got to meet Elvy Musikka (one of four people to receive marijuana from the federal government for glaucoma) which was pretty cool. Before the meeting started she walked around and was just randomly singing before taking a seat in the crowd of students. I didn't really meet too many other members but I could tell I wasn't the highest person there ;) I'm pretty excited for the next meeting!

7. Whoa. Me want.

How do you go to a NORML 'meeting'. Whaaaa? I'm confused. I understand they're an organization you can join or w/e, but damn. I'm thinking organization = old boring men. But I guess a bunch of stoners can't be bad?!

8. Don't you mean "norml-y a shy guy"?!

9. Lulz @ Madrid! That was clever my friend.

MasterJ: I go to UCF so its like a club here and they get speakers and sometimes give out High Times if you can answer a question. They also lead protests against the current MJ laws. Not many old men around =P

10. shouldnt norml put something on their front page about youtube/citizentube censoring questions concerning marijuana, even though it was the highest voted for? It'd be nice to get some publicity on that, and im sure that would be a good start

11. Sweet Oso. My school has a chapter too but it doesn't seem to be too... active. I'll have to check em out.

12. Hey fellow Brothers and Sisters, I'm new to this site, I came across this, and I urge/suggest everyone start attending their NORML meetings, We all want Marijuana to become legal. Just talking about it does nothing, WE all need to take a stand. Here is NORMLs website for their chapters; State and Local Chapters - NORML Send your chapter an email and see what the deal is. Thanks!

13. THANK YOU.

Seriously - e-mail your local NORML and ask how you can help.

Even better yet, if you can afford it, donate to mpp.org and to NORML. I had reservations about it, but I took a healthy chunk of this month's "spend on whatever after savings money" and donated to both organizations.

Write to your reps. Seriously, even if they disagree - don't just give up. Write again in six months or a year and let them know you are a voter and that this issue is important to you.

Definitely attend meetings and help in whatever way you can.

This is YOUR cause.