Nootropics

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by steez, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Nootropics, also referred to as smart drugs, memory enhancers, and cognitive enhancers, are drugs, supplements, nutraceuticals, and functional foods that are purported to improve mental functions such as cognition, memory, intelligence, motivation, attention, and concentration.

Anyone here interested in nootropics? I've been researching them for the past couple weeks and began taking doses of piracetam 3 times daily. I mean, who doesn't want improved cognitive functions, right? Many of them also prevent brain aging :).

So if you're currently taking any nootropics, list what your daily dosing regimen is.

As of right now I'm just taking a 1.5g dose of piracetam at breakfast, lunch and dinner, or morning, afternoon and evening. Been doing so for only a week and can already feel positive effects.

2. I just ordered Piracetam about a week ago. I'm awaiting it's arrival.

I, too, am VERY interested in nootropics.

3. How do you get nootropics prescribed to you?

4. To my knowledge, you don't need a prescription in most area's aside from Europe (correct me if I'm wrong). I believe the easiest route of obtaining nootropics is through an internet order. I haven't seen the readily available at pharmacies around my area (southern Ontario, Canada).

5. Alright, thanks

6. c'mon, there's gotta be more people than this.

7. wow, thought this topic would've gotten more attention. hmm

8. Very interesting. i definitively cold improve my memory abit.

9. And your spelling, capitalization, punctuation and proper word placement. Piracetam is probably for you.

10. LMAO. + rep for the funniest thing I've heard all day.

11. Modafinil is an amazing substance. Marketed under the trade name Provigil in the United States it is one of the most amazing pyschostimulant-like substances I have ever consumed and I personally believe it trumps amphetamines and cocaine any day.

12. I was interested in starting a nootropic regimen, but wasn't really sure what combination of nootropics would produce optimal results.

I'm a little hesitant to spend money on substances that might end up being sugar pills, or purchasing supplements from less than reputable vendors. Where's a good online site to shop for nootropics?

Piracetam looks promising, but what other chemicals are out there? Will any of you combine your piracetam use with choline supplements as well?

13. I'd visit Erowid Nootropic (Smart Drugs) Vaults

All the answers to your questions plus more! :wave:

14. I took 3.6g for a few days, 1.6g x twice with breakfast and lunch

I didn't notice much, I also took it before I rolled and I didn't roll very hard and it took me 3.5 known MDMA pills to get where I wanted to go (though, I'm SURE the last .5 was a complete waste as I was rolling nuts by then)

Supposedly it's suppose to potentate MDxx, not so in my case.

Though, I did drink a bunch of grapefruit juice and took 15mg valium last night and got completely fucked :D (I rolled last weekend, has nothing to do with the MDMA)