noob questions - need answers :)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nu4a, May 31, 2007.

1. hey everyone :wave:
    i'm thinking of growing my own weed and i'm gonna be using a closet (width:20" height:70" depth:22"). how many plants do you think i can grow in that area? i've read a lot of threads and still haven't found out what's better CFL or HPS. i'm thinking that 250w would be enough but what type of bulb do you suggest? how many cfls would i need, what type and at what wattage? what store can i shop from that ships worldwide (i'm from europe)?

Thanks in advance!
    sry for my english
    :smoking:

2. That's about the same size as my space. I use a 250w hps but heat was an issue untill I got a vortex blower and a cool tube. I would only put 1 plant in there, I tried 2 before, but my yeild was better when only growing 1.

3. real close to the size of my growbox also. i also had heat probems until i got a cool tube and a nice 4" econoline inline fan. i have a 400w MH conversion bulb for veg and a 400w HPS for flowering. right now i'm 6 weeks into my grow total, and 3 weeks into flowering. i have 3 plants crammed in it but it super crowded and i don't recommend it. my next grow i'm just going to have one plant and do some lst, fimming, etc so it will fill the space nicely. so if i was you i'd grow one plant only, but bush it out as much as possible because you should have lots of room for a single plant. good luck!

4. thx for the replies
    so i'll keep to 1 or 2 plants max
    i read that the temperature's going to be a problem that's why i'm considering cfls
    where do i buy the lamp from (not the ordinary sites which do not ship to europe)?

5. Do you not have something like home depot or walmart in europe?

6. lol we do but I want to buy a ready system and I don't think they'll have one.

7. I'm thinking of going for CFLs... How many will I need and what type?

8. There's a search function for this forum, you should give it a try.

Kamel's CFL Guide

9. yeah i know and i've actually read the sticky
    one thing i don't understand though -
    do i use e.g. 4x30W day light for vegging and 4x30W soft light for flowering or do i mix them up?
    sorry for not being more specific in the previous posts :smoking:

10. Check out the chart thread, third chart down. Basically you want blue spectrum for vegetating and red spectrum for flowering.