noob question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by donniedank, Feb 25, 2013.

1. what can make a plant turn to the flowering stage?

2. 12 hours of light on. 12 hours of light off.

3. Thanks, I also was wondering about soil mix. I've already got some bone meal, blood meal, and some organic soil. what else would I need?

4. Perlite, for water to stay in the dirt longer, so it doesn't dry so quickly.

5. [quote name='"ffcfoo"']

Perlite, for water to stay in the dirt longer, so it doesn't dry so quickly.[/quote]

Perlite doesn't retain moisture, it improves aeration and will make it dry out quicker.

6. Im a hydro man but im slowly converting to organics,, best man I can think of right now is Jerry he grows full organic so he would be able to point you in the right direction if you can find him. If you have blood meal then go real easy on that because it will burn and you would prolly need to incorporate some phosphorous through it because the bloods a high Nitrogen compound and if its through the soil then it will make nitrogen levels always high, it stinks aswell, so does the bone mind you, and you dont want to be breathing that in either, with what you have got then Perlite is a must, otherwise your medium will be very heavy and hold alot of water resulting in slow slow growth,, been there done it and I dont look back. Kelp meal is a good additive as is vermiculite, kelp, worm chit, your organic soil will be good but heavy, brake that down with perlite and you will have a good medium

7. Thanks again, I forgot to mention I already had perlite. I mixed those and put one of my 2 week seedling in it. so far it seems okay with it.

8. If it's an auto , the plant will do it on it's own .. You just need to switch the lights to 12/12 (12 hours of light , 12 hours of darkness) .. If it's a photo , you need to grow it about 2/3 of what you want it's complete growth to be . Then when it's at that point you switch the lights from 18/6 to 12/12 .

9. I wouldnt fck about with the blood through the soil id use it as a tea, youd be better getting some kelp and rockdusts and sand to put through the soil, and vermiculite and maybe some compost you would have a good organic soil, you would need some phosphorous to bring them on in flower with ur set up do you have nutes?

10. nope, I don't have any nutes yet. Is it really necessary to have nutes? and is it during the veg stage I apply the nutes?

11. Yes if it says 10-10-10 the first number is nitrogen which u want to be higher than the rest for begging and middle number is phosphorus which u want higher during flowering

12. you need to watch with that blood meal you have got, thats highly nitrogen, if you put that througvh the soil then your going to have a nitrogen based soil, not ideal for plants that are flowering in that with none of the other things, id use it as a tea during veg, then once it flowers you can get some phosphorous, but atleast you wont have all that nitrogen through your soil, your plant would have a much better chance of flowering if you dont have nutes for them if the blood wasnt through the soil, hope you catch my drift

13. how do you make the tea with blood meal?

14. never mind the at question, I figured out how to make them.

15. remember to dilute it the stuffs pretty strong dont give it the full recomended dose to start with, im thinking that will get you through veg, but remember to flush it when you flip them to flower, and get some bloom feed from there on gl with it