Noob Question: Vegging Clones 18/6 or 24 hours? How often/much water?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Xternal123, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Whats better for me to be vegging my clones under my T5 light? 18/6 or should I just keep it on 24 hours like I have been.

I have General Organics BioRoot whichs 1-1-1 and I also mix Earth Juice Hi-Brix Molasses for Plants that I add to my nute water solution. How often should I feed them nutes and how often should I give them water? I usually just water till the top of the surface around the main stem looks soaked, not entirely drenching the plant container with a gallon of solution or anything. Any recommendations for a good feeding schedule?

2. i like 18/6 over the 24/0 i got better growth with 18/6...
    nuts sound good but most ppl put molasses in during flower but i guess you can use it during growth. i give my plant nutrs every sunday watering. make sure they are like 1/4 the serving. i use only 1 tbsp of each one in a 3 quart bottle.
    as for water its ezier to over water them then under water... general rule stick your finger in the soil once the top 2 inches of soil is dry then water.

3. it really doesnt matter with the light cycle. if your not using an HPS or MH system, ide go with 24/0, if you do, 18/6

follow your feed shedule, starting at 1/4 strength, then 1/2, then full. feed every other watering.

i do 1 gal per 5 gal bucket everytime i water.