Noob growing?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Boiled Angel, Nov 27, 2012.

1. So I decided to take up growing my own cannabis. Honestly, I have no idea what I'm doing but I decided to give it a try anyway. I started growing two seeds from sunlight and two seeds from artificial light. They're growing too long so I moved them to my pitch black closet and put a 40 watt fluorescent light right above them. Two plants are in a regular flower pot and two seeds are in a flower pot inside of an aquarium with a 40 watt fluorescent light bulb. This is probably very stupid but they're actually growing. I'm not trying to grow the world's strongest weed, I just want a little something. Below are some pictures of my set up. I also need more guidance on how much/many times to water them cause i've just been giving them about 2/3 cup of water everyday just trying to keep the soil moist. Before you start telling me to build all these super machines for growing weed, remember, i'm a stupid noob. Feel free to laugh your asses off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Haha wow you need to start with ALOT of reading first. You are not even going to get even a little bit with your current grow. Growing is about learning about the worlds favorite resource mary jane. Grow her right and she will reward you.

From the looks of your pictures you need to bury those stems asap they are stretching for the light because its not close enough or not enough of it. Also your soil looks like mud cannabis like airy soil. I would repot bury the stem as much as possible and get more light and get it closer. Thats going to be your first step. Stick around grasscity, lots of good blades who dont mind answering questions but we cant give you an answer on a silver platter. Always good to see new growers welcome to the growing world!

3. So I'll need multiple light bulbs? Or stronger ones?

4. cfls that are the right spectrum you know the swirly bulbs? You going to need the ones in the higher spectrum since your still vegging 5600k just dont get 2700k those are for later flowering. 100 watts is recommended atleast for 1 plant but 2-3 or those cfls will do you much better. Make sure you set them up horizontially for the most light penetration. Also have you been doing research? going to make this process alot easier. You also are going to need some kind of dedicated grow box what you got going on now isnt going to cut it.