Non-Typical Stoner Shows

Discussion in 'General' started by Jaysee, Apr 9, 2007.

1. http://www.sho.com/site/weeds/home.do

I just burrowed the dvd's from my friends its pretty cool. Basically its about this lady who has 2 kids and her husband dies and she wants to maintain the suburban upper class lifestyle by dealing drugs to kids parents. (Here is a previous thread on this television show with information on the new season http://forum.grasscity.com/recreati...ere-watch-weeds.html?highlight=weeds+showtime )

I'm sure a lot of people here have seen or heard of it, its pretty cool if your looking for a new television show (which I was)

Another television show not drug related is called "The Riches" on FX.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/theriches/

Just thought people might like to share some non typical stoner television shows. I've been looking for a few more shows. I used to watch / am watching: Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office, Lost, Scrubs.

My question to you blades what non-typical stoner tv shows / movies do you enjoy watching while high? I could really use some more recommendations :)

Cheers,

Jaysee

2. yeaa, weeds is awesome haha. check out Entourage too

3. i like to watch Man Vs Wild, if you like shows about survival its definitely worth checking out.

There is a mini-series on discovery that is very cool, it's called Planet Earth.

Thats about it really, i don't watch much TV.

4. weeds is a good show...i like scrubs also

and any wrestling shows really

5. CSI ftw. I watch Las Vegas and Miami

6. Seinfeld FTW. It's so chill, so funny, so well written.

7. Not a fan of Weeds, but I dont generally like HBO/Showtime shows like the Sopranos or Entourage. Oz was a sick show though Im sure youve heard of it. I just think its a perfect blend of facts/shocking/interesting narrator without too much of each.

As far as comedies. the only show that you need to watch is Seinfeld. Its still the best comedy on TV, though the office is close.

8. Now how did I know you were going to say that? lol

9. Yeah I watch both of those. Planet earth is on Sundays on the discovery channel at 8 or 9 o'clock. I watched Man vs. Wild all last semester. Ever seen the show Survivorman it was on discovery and the science channel. A new season of his show is coming out soon its being filmed right now. I think hes finished filming like 3 or 4 episodes, I like this show more than man vs. wild because he does the exact same thing but he films it all on his own as well so hes not just surviving but hes completely alone.

Whats that one about?

10. Yeah I love Seinfeld I own all the seasons on dvd that have been released so far. I think my sister just picked up the 8th season the other day. If you like Seinfeld you should check out Curb Your Enthusiasm its by the guy / about the guy who wrote the comedy for Seinfeld . (Larry David)

How are those mainstream crime shows. Like CSI, Bones, Prison Break(I hear that ones good). I used to watch 24 and heard prison break is pretty cool and similar to it.

Cheers,

Jaysee

11. 24 is awesome (can't wait for it tonight)

I'm a fan of all the Law and Order shows, they can be pretty engrossing when you're baked. One episode that tweaked the fuck out of me was one where a girl kills a guy who was allegedly trying to rape her. The investigation basically finds out that not only was the guy not trying to rape her, but that the girl in question used to be a guy and was in the latter stages of a gender transformation. So he/she is guilty, but because of the law, he/she is sent to a male prison where he/she gets raped to death after like four hours in the system.

The non-anime stuff on [adult swim] is nasty. Futurama, Family Guy, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sealab 2021...

CSI: Las Vegas is stellar, King of the Hill, The Simpsons...I could go on forever

12. Arrested Development

13. Dammit, I can't believe I forgot Arrested Development

I bust out laughing everytime I hear "The Final Countdown" now

14. O yeah South park too along with X-Files, Ghost in the Shell(if you like anime),Fresh prince of bel-air, Red vs Blue(not tv but still badass) and Stargate SG-1

15. Oh yeah I loved that show its on g4 now. Too bad it got canned,

16. I love weeds, cant wait till next season. Whats going to happen with the kid that has numerous pounds of weed in his trunk with the cops pulling up?

17. Going Tribal on Discovery Channel.

18. Rains on NBC, last weed he pulled a double perc PHX out from under this dead drug dealin kids bed, then opened his cabinet to find like 5lb of weed!

19. Merry Christmas right there :p

20. I don't watch much TV, just a few shows.

Weeds, South Park, LOST, Curb your Enthusiasm and ATHF.

Oh and discovery/science channel are great.