Non Aggressive pit bulls face euthanasia-SIGN PETITION!

Discussion in 'Pets' started by cinderellax, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Anytime, and thank you so much!

2. #42 Hali Hostility, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
    I'm not quite sure its the "aggressiveness" argument that's the problem. I think its with the majority of pits they're just so onery and roudy and dopey that theyre just too damn hard to train properly. Like ive had naturally aggressive dogs that weren't pits and tamed them to where they're no longer aggressive at ALL with no problem. Then some pits that weren't aggressive and were trained all through puppyhood:p yet their concentration and impulse led them to just snap a few times and do something even though they've never done anything like that before... they're seriously great dogs but they need INTENSE and thorough training from the time they're baby baby baby's with ONE single owner his entire life. And they need to be seriously understood.

And with the thing about them attacking other dogs.... um they're animals. Animals get pissed at other animals. Just like we get pissed off at other people. Ive seen little tiny fucking dogs chase me AND my dogs down the street countless times and he just keeps on running next to my bike like nothing. And ive seen pits laying in an unfenced yard just watch us go by..t truly has nothing to do with the breed is what I'm getting at..

3. Couldn't agree more. Thank God not everyone is so ignorant.

4. For anyone who is following this thread still, here's an update:

"Update October 19, 2012:

Today, the Soluri family were allowed to visit Lilo and Stitch for the first time since they were seized. Below is are videos from their emotional temorary reunion. The family were also granted a TRO, prohibiting the city from euthanizing Lilo and Stich.

The first video below was the scene when Lilo and Stitch first entered the room."

To read the update and watch the videos, click the link and scroll down.

UPDATED: City prohibited from euthanizing friendly, non-aggressive pit bulls labelled dangerous » DogHeirs | Where Dogs Are Family « Keywords: Fort Worth, Texas, dangerous dog, Dangerous Dog Laws

Thank you to everyone who signed the petition!

5. #45 azcactus, Oct 21, 2012
    .....and another thing I have a strong dislike for is when those little dogs start shit with my girl. My folk have a peki damn something, that every time we go over there, yes my folks let me bring my dog and kids to their house, that little boy thinks he is all bad ass and territorial and will growl and bark at my APBT. My dog has never hurt him and they even play chase in the backyard, but left unattended in such a manner,shit could hit the fan. I am what I consider a VERY responsible APBT owner and as one famous OFRN breeder told me, they are a f/t job anytime you have them out in public. My girl picks up and senses a person's fear factor really quick and she doesn't like it. If someone new is coming overI tell them to just ignore her. Don't say her name, don't try to pet her and don't make eye contact with her. Usually after about 10 minutes of them sitting down she is up in their lap kissing on them and wanting to sit on their lap. I tell them she starts thinking, " What's wrong with me? Why aren't you looking at me? Am I not the best looking redhead you ever seen?" After that she is just super friendly to them. My children and I love her and hope to acquire another from a genuine OFRN kennel, of which there are very few, but I am in with some of them.

6. Her's the other thing that pisses me off. Another large breed dog owner approaches you, both dogs are on collar/leases. The other dog shows aggression towards your APBT, might even try to bite him/her. Your dog bites the other dog hard and fast and all of a sudden your dog is a criminal for defending itself and attacking a poor, innocent Akita. That scenario plays out everyday in America, I guarantee it. Maybe not an Akita per se, but another large breed dog of some kind.

7. He's killed two cats, and you think this is OK? Does he know the difference between a stray and a pet cat?

8. #48 wallflo, Oct 21, 2012
    I agree with hiebs. Completely worthless breed in my opinion. its just a bully and a brawler breed. Thats what its built for and thats what its good at. i hear pit bull, i dont think friendly, family dog.

As someone said im probly brainwashed but from my past experiences i havent come across a pitbull that ive felt easy around. always feel like it could snap at any second and go attack mode.

Also, it usually seems like the owners know this so they think they get respect from and can intimidate others just from owning this breed.

This is just from my experience.

9. Nineteen people in the U.S. have been killed so far in 2012 by pit bulls, including several children under one year old.

10. I wish we had more info. The demographics of the owners. Were they running loose? were the in pack mode? My bitch, laying in the chair opposite me, isn't going to be running the streets tonite. I can not even imagine the terror a child walking to school or someone out for an early morning walk would feel if encountered by 2-4 APBT's with bad intentions as the dogs are headed back home to sleep all day after a night of mayhem in the streets of the ghetto/projects.

11. #51 BlazedGlory, Oct 21, 2012
    There's nothing inherently vicious about pit bulls. I've been around plenty of well behaved ones. I've also encountered aggressive ones. It really does all depend on how they were raised.

People call Rotweilers vicious, and that couldn't be further from the truth. Many people are uneasy around them because of their misconceptions, like yours about pit bulls. But like I said, I used to play with a Rotweiler when I was a toddler, and it never did anything to make me, as a toddler, remotely uneasy.

But by your logic, just because some people train Rotweilers to be attack dogs, the entire breed is brutal and violent.

I think they should put down the shitty owners that raise pitbulls to be vicious, not the pitbulls. They just get this bad rap because, being big and particularly territorial dogs, they're an attractive option to train as guard/attack dogs, and thus people get the misconception that they are all this way.

12. Pit bull nuts have a never ending list of excuses as to why this breed kills more humans than any other breed - always ignoring the simple truth which is: This breed was bred, for 400 years, to kill.

13. [quote name='"garrison68"']Pit bull nuts have a never ending list of excuses as to why this breed kills more humans than any other breed - always ignoring the simple truth which is: This breed was bred, for 400 years, to kill.[/quote]

Only because they're useful in fights because they can lock their jaw onto something and not let go. That's one of the main reasons ppl use them for fighting, that and you can make them bigger and stronger by hanging weights on their necks.

Idk how many people have to say this before the ignorant get it in their heads but here it is again, IT'S THE OWNER, NOT THE BREED.

I guarantee if I adopt an 8 week old pit bull right now and raise him the way he SHOULD be raised, he'd be a wonderful well behaved dog just like my current lab, like the 3 pit bulls I've owned, like the husky, like the rot....well would u look at that! All my dogs have been well behaved because I raised them RIGHT.

I'm so tired of all this ignorance. If u really can't see that its how u raise the dog (JUST LIKE WITH UR OWN CHILDREN), then u have some serious learning to do. Monkey see, monkey do. If you don't love a dog, its gonna lose trust in humans and show its fear in the way of anger, and that's why so many DIFFERENT breeds are put down everyday. Notice I said BREEDS and not pit bulls because any breed can be vicious.

My moms cairn terrier tried to attack me once and that's a 15 pound dog. Let's stop being naive, shall we?

Sent from my ADR6350 using GC Forum

14. Your reasoning simply doesn't hold up. For example, I know a family who owns a big pit bull, and also has a 6 year old daughter. If all pit bulls were vicious killers why hasn't that girl been mauled to death yet? All that pit bull ever does is protect her.

You hear about pit bull attacks because people TRAIN them to be vicious. You can train most any breed of dog to be vicious, it's not just pit bulls that attack people.

Some people have a prejudice against pit bulls, the same way some people have a prejudice against a certain race of people. There's equal logic in both stances.

15. [quote name='"BlazedGlory"']

Your reasoning simply doesn't hold up. For example, I know a family who owns a big pit bull, and also has a 6 year old daughter. If all pit bulls were vicious killers why hasn't that girl been mauled to death yet? All that pit bull ever does is protect her.

You hear about pit bull attacks because people TRAIN them to be vicious. You can train most any breed of dog to be vicious, it's not just pit bulls that attack people.

Some people have a prejudice against pit bulls, the same way some people have a prejudice against a certain race of people. There's equal logic in both stances.[/quote]

Agreed!

16. The Pit Bull kills more than all other breeds combined.

A 15 lb. dog would have a very hard time killing anything but a baby or infant, which does happen occasionally I'm sure - yet the pit bull nuts will keep repeating that other breeds are more vicious. They'll even name chihuahuaas and other toy breeds as being more agressive - like theres any comparison to the deadliest breed on earth.

17. [quote name='"garrison68"']The Pit Bull kills more than all other breeds combined.

A 15 lb. dog would have a very hard time killing anything but a baby or infant, which does happen occasionally I'm sure - yet the pit bull nuts will keep repeating that other breeds are more vicious. They'll even name chihuahuaas and other toy breeds as being more agressive - like theres any comparison to the deadliest breed on earth.[/quote]

They're deadly because owners have trained them to be. And it doesn't matter if a 15lb dog could kill me, it only matters that he came at me a couple times. And also, I am not a pit bull nut, I'm an animal lover.

Your argument is invalid, and just in case u missed it, ill tell u why AGAIN: pit bulls are not a vicious BREED, there is no such thing as a vicious BREED, only a vicious DOG. And when u encounter a vicious dog, its vicious because something or SOMEONE made him that way.

NO BREED OF DOG is vicious, idc what u hear on the news. You've let the media brain wash u and that's sad. Get out into the real world and learn some shit before spouting ignorance and nonsense that you can't prove.

18. No, it most certainly isn't.

Dog breeds vary in terms of size, appearance, intelligence, temperament and likeliness to harm others a lot more than human ethnicities do.

Surely you can't be so thick as to believe that temperaments are universal among the breeds?

19. [quote name='"garrison68"']The Pit Bull kills more than all other breeds combined.[/quote]

Because they were TRAINED to. Their master rewarded them for showing aggression, they're not born vicious. No domestic animal is.

20. #60 Niveuspuer, Oct 21, 2012
    And what, an 8 week old puppy harmlessly teething your finger is the equivalent of a 120 lb rottweiler ripping your face off?