Nomad Blades

Discussion in 'General' started by DreamCalledLife, May 14, 2010.

1. If I tell my story right, and you are receptive, God will work through me and move you. The word teaches me that only the spirit can move you. My words alone cannot.

God will only pick you up if you reach for his hand.

2. My said spiritual experience changed my life, regardless as to whether or not they were based on a book. What difference is there in any truly spiritual experience. A book, a song, a form of meditation, tai chi, fasting, what have you. All mediums in which we connect with something that is greater than us, surrounds us, and flows through us.

3. Damn... That's a beautiful story man. And trust me, i believe you were blessed and someone was looking out for you. But who? that's my question.

I made a promise to god awhile back( the god in the bible). I promised god if he revealed himself to me, I will give him my everything and tell everyone my story. It's over 2 years later and he's yet to deliver. But I made it clear to god, he coudln't just weasle his way into my heart through some indirect way. He has to directly contact me(voice, in person etc.) and/or dramatically transform my life so I can wake up and think "wow! god for sure had his hand in this". It's not an outrageous request, I hear people say how god literally spoke to them and they swear by it. That's what it would require for me to convert. Until then, my prayer continues to be unanswered(as god is too coward to speak to me) and I waste away growing colder as each day goes by.

4. Confused how? Please elaborate.

5. I like you. You're doing the right things and have a good attitude. The religious stuff is really silly, but honestly if I had been in your shoes, I'd have been open to invisible Jew zombie theory, et al., too. I'm not judging you.

If it takes religion to keep you doing the right things, by all means, man.

Have you considered college? The FAFSA is very easy to deal with. Obviously you've got to get settled financially first. But alas, with online classes it's not hard, and doesn't have to be that far away.

For now, though, I'd milk the psuedo-jesus camp thing too, if it grants you immunity. It may be the break you need.

Best of luck.

6. I understand your plight, I was there.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Faith is believing what you hope for.

It is affirmed by things not seen.

7. Religion is not what opened my eyes. It wasn't an experience in church. It wasn't just one experience. It's something that builds on itself daily. A lifelong testimony supporting their reality.

8. Jesus son of god who is also himself came to earth to live the life a human and die for our sins. I used to believe that. I used to be confused.

9. Do you understand why god did such a thing?

The big picture is what makes sense, If you just read the gospels you don't get the big picture.

10. Because he's an sickly demented sadistic prick who gets off on watching his children suffer here on earth while he chills in heaven with angels and shit?

Or because this life is nothing but a comedy show for god. I mean if he revealed his ass to us alll right now the show would be over right?

11. I believe more so, that we have to find the power in ourselves. I do believe in a god, however, I just don't believe the "Stories" they describe in the bible.

Our god must not have the ability to give us things, but only to teach and direct us.
    When people describe miracles, I think they have overcome an obstacle, rather than have had a miracle performed on them.

I think if you look at things this way, you might find out the solution to your problem sooner than you think.

12. You are carrying your cross too, whether you like to or not, it manifests itself into your heart, weighing you down, making you afraid. If you run from it, it just grows heavier. Making it that much harder to bear.

Think in metaphors and you will understand what I'm saying.

If you accept that you must carry this cross, whether you want it or not, and no matter how impossible of a task it seems to be, you will be given the courage and power to throw it from your shoulders forever.

The cross represents our transgressions, our sins. You are carrying them with you, everyday. They make you bitter, resentful, angry, depressed, lonely, and guilty. You want to make it all go away.

You must die on your cross so that you may be reborn in the spirit. The power of God allows you to be reborn. In dying you gain life. New life.

13. can u tell me some of ur spiritual experiences?
    im getting real interested

14. yeah I get what you're saying man. but jesus is a fucking pussy because he hides behind his bible. He needs to start performing more miracles on people. It's almost like after the bible was written all the miraculous things he supposedly does don't happen any more. God has done nothing for me. Nada.

15. a few posts back u mentioned u were smoking right? try christianity sober. then you will begin to see what a useless fuck that god is. Anything can be amazing and profound while high, even religion.

16. My life was changed when I was completely sober.

I spent 4 months in that christian transitional home without any influence of drugs.

I've had feelings of euphoria greater than any drug has ever produced in me.

Joy, peace, love. All at once, a power flowing through me that was unseen, yet so incredibly real.

17. Innerpeace..... May I ask?

Where is it?

18. I thought it was impossible for me to believe at one point. But I was proved wrong, and the first scripture I ever hoped was true (refer to isaiah 40:31) was Luke 1:37 - "For with God, nothing shall be impossible."

I had an experience that made what I considered impossible, completely possible, and not only possible, but exactly what happened.

19. I would like to have innerpeace one day. Innerpeace I do not have. I am very innerlost to be honest with u:(

20. I'm offering you a light so that you can see, so that you can find your way. It's not about what happens after you die, or what miracles were performed, or if you go to hell, or even salvation.

I didn't give my life to the cross so that I could go to heaven, all I wanted was to be free from my shame, my past, my shortcomings. I asked only for the wisdom that would allow me to be at peace.

That's exactly what I got. Knowledge, which lead to understanding, and understanding which led to wisdom. Wisdom that lead to pure joy and peace.

I was filled from the inside with a light that helped me find my way. It sounds like you are in need of something similar.