Node spacing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PNWClosetGrower, Aug 20, 2015.

1. #1 PNWClosetGrower, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015
    What kind of spacing should i be looking for with baby northern lights? I'm not sure how much they will stretch out as they get older but my nodes look really close together. I suppose i'm just fishing for opinions on are they too tight or maybe i should raise the light so they stretch out a little more? They are day 12 since seeds day 8 since they broke the surface of the soil. The third set is coming in just as close as the second set did. Also any opinions on how close these are to being able to bump my MH to full power, 600 watt? it's at 450 now has been for three days.

Attached Files:

2. The tighter the nodes the better, and you can switch to full power now.

Look into transplanting soon. I don't let plants in solo cups for any longer than 2 weeks, the roots usually are beginning to wrap around the bottom by then.

• Like Like x 2
  3. #3 PNWClosetGrower, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015
    kk I had a few people telling me to wait at least a week. i'm ready to transplant anytime i was just going by other forum members saying it was a bit early. my plan was to water again on sunday if they're dry enough and transplant monday witch is my two week mark from the time they popped out of the soil. Perhaps i should move em sooner. Thank you.

4. the internode length looks good, I certainly wouldn't want them longer.

I would also transplant asap, but I wouldn't have the full 600w on them yet, there's no way they would use up all that light so would just be wasting electricity in my opinion.

The lower the wattage, the closer you can have the bulb so the intensity will be about the same. Once you transplant them in to bigger pots, they will be more spread out so you can then raise the light and switch up the wattage, but I'd probably give them a week in their new pots first just to let themselves establish themselves before hitting them with all that light

• Like Like x 2
  5. O.k. i transplanted all but one went well and you were right they were starting to wrap around the bottom. i might have killed the retarded one in the back there, her roots were not doing well witch is probably why she was growing out of one side and not the other. She had a little root ball at the top and one little string of a root going to the bottom and a even smaller root ball at the bottom witch ended up breaking off. I covered the roots that made it with rooting hormone and the soil that stayed with it too hoping it will save her. Just hoping i did what i needed to do when that happened.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1