Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

No Weed ---> No Sleep?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by theHit, Jul 31, 2006.

1. anyone else find that they have a hard time sleeping when u cant smoke at night?

been smokin daily (2-4 times/day) for at least 2-3 weeks and the 1st day without weed is the worst - almost no appetite and no sleep. after the 1st day or 2 i find i can go as long as i want without it, but that feeling of dependence just to get thru the 1st day really sucks sometimes...

i know the only logical way to fight these symptoms is to not smoke as often...thats obvious...lol....i just love it too much tho :p

anyone feel me on this? i know this isnt a rare problem with chronic users...

2. You answered your own question, Sugar........

3. I'm not dependent on marijuana to help me sleep, however I agree that it is easier to get shut-eye under the influence. Just take a few days tolerance break, and see if it passes.

4. lol..um, the question wasnt asking how to fight it. i was just askin if anyone else feels the same way at times....

5. ...I know exactly how you feel man...

...For years I have always toked before nite-nite......gives me a dreamless sleep.....and I like that.

6. How do you enjoy dreamless sleep? I like dreams sometimes.

7. ^lol....yea i agree...

u always dream tho....u just may not remember those dreams sometimes

8. ....Dreams to me are like taking a hit of acid......you never know if it will be a good trip.....or a bad one.....so I would rather not take the chance....

9. i do man i feel the same way right now. ive been trying to stop smoking and ive been off to a rocky start but things are lookin good. try to do somethin that will take your mind off pot. invest your money into something else for a while. for me i ussually buy an 1/8 every paycheck (45 bills an eigth) so i take my 45 bucks and buy a bunch of cds or something. just remember you dont HAVE to smoke. you may be laying in your bed for hours trying to sleep. i know i have, and i eventually got to sleep. so just remeber that.

10. Super way to put it. I'm a risk-taker, what can I say ? ;)

11. ......taken the risks......run the gauntlet.....seen the colours, sounds and light warp itself right out of the cosmos.......got the t-shirt and the video....

....and I know what I want now and have done for a while......the 3 'W's'.....

12. I've had sleep problems since i was like seven -- way before i started smoking. It helps me sleep though.

13. i know what your goin through. If i smoke every day for a while and then dont one day then its hard to get to sleep the night i dont.

14. when u high feels like u sleepin on a cloud

15. I've never remembered a dream when I've woken up.... =(

I'm missing out...

16. i hardly ever remember a dream. once in a while, on the rare occasions i fall asleep without smoking, i tend to somewhat remeber my dreams except in the morning i usually wonder if it happened the night before or what the fuck happened. rather vivid dreams but completly tripped out :p it's always weird in the morning when it happens lol

17. the first nights you fall asleep without being under the influence you'll usually experience really intense dreams. its part of the 'withdrawal symptoms'.

18. That happens to me, but only when I do what you do and smoke multiple times daily for weeks. I rarely get into that kind of habit, though.

19. ah yes, i have also experienced the "very vivid, intense dreams" after taking long breaks from smoking....

i remember that happening a lot last summer after i stopped smoking.....it was kinda weird cuz sometimes i had a hard time differentiating the memories of dreams from actual memories...cuz they felt so realistic.....yup...weird.

20. i had this problem a year ago, i ran out of weed for the first time in a year(last year) and i couldnt sleep for about a week...

concidently, im out of weed TODAY, today is the first day not smokin since about a year ago, i had 2 save my money that i usually buy weed with and purchased a HPS light....

sometimes you just have to make sacrifices.