No-till soil help needed

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by DankDownUndaa, Aug 6, 2017.

1. #81 DankDownUndaa, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    Also this is my seed order I recieved just a few days ago, very happy it turned up safe and a lot quicker then expected thanks to Herbies seeds.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thinking of starting off 1 Green Crack CBD and 1 White Widow or Blue Widow in 20 gallon Geopots in my 4x4 tent.
    I was also wondering if I could fit a third smaller plant in there in a 10 or 15 gallon pot? If I can it would most likely be one of the Heavyweight freebies.

Does anyone here have an opinion on Banana Crack by Holy Smoke seeds or the Heavyweight freebies I got?
    Would love to hear opinions, good or bad! Pretty sure the rest of the strains I got will be awesome, but not 100% sure on these few.

2. Thanks heaps for the tips El Rancho and explaining the question about my no till becoming a large worm bin, excited to see how much my own soil bed changes over the years to come

Will keep that in mind about finding some quality cardboard and grinding the egg shells for increased availability of calcium carbonate, such an easy step to boost the efficiency. Seeing chunks of egg shell after years would annoy me a bit too!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Check this out.
    Mineral Rock dust

You are looking for pure rock dust w nothing else added, it should be flour-like, not prilled. I looked for you briefly and it seems like other things are added, just like the two examples you gave. Poke around a bit. Bentonite, lime, and gypsum will be ok if added, but it would be nice to know the % of each.

4. Not sure why I only just saw this reply of yours @FickySiskers, that product looks really great though. Would definitely rather be using one of them if it takes an RO filter 3 gallons to produce 1 gallon of filtered water. Sounds very wasteful indeed!

I'll get one of these in the next week or 2, thank you so much for finding this and sharing bro

• Like Like x 2
  5. I forgot to mention you want your neem, kelp, crab, and lime to be at 1/2 cup to 1 cup per cubic foot. I would start at 1/2 cup myself.

Off topic, but since you are doing all this research, how hard would it be to get a water report for your water or at least general area?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hey, thanks for the reply Rancho

I read through the thread you linked and one retailer posted this:
    "We have been using Munash Rockdust for 12 months and it is fantastic. We sell it online and also to retail outlets but many of the outlets do not fully understand the true benefits of why they should be suggesting soil mineralisation. To learn more visit us at www.herbs2home.com.au "

Munash rockdust is the other one I was looking at getting a 10kg bag of from gardenworlds website, from their description of it I'm still not sure if it's pure rock dust or has added amendments as well. I'll look into it more on the manufacturers website

7. Awesome I'll keep that in mind, luckily I've only added 1/2 a cup per cuF of Neem so far!
    I'll keep the rest at 1/2 a cup too once I get them in the mix.

Also I could probably call up my local council after the weekend and ask them how I can get a water report. Will get onto one and post it up here, shouldn't be too hard at all

• Like Like x 1
  8. #88 MajorToker, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    I just picked up 2. Look at the 4 just growing by side light. They run so cool it's crazy. I run no glass. The UV burns em up bro. I haven't even flipped and she's pushing carbon out. I may throw one more up front so I can always run containers there. I filled a 4g nursery pot out in 2.5 weeks veg. My power bill almost knocked me over. I was expecting a lot more now that I'm vegging again. Well worth it. 15037199029282122654395.jpg 150371979913857041950.jpg

I run alfalfa straw...i avoid any meat and I lay the straw out. It starts green. I lay it out by the compost pile until it turns yellow. I don't recommend applying MBP with it. It's a biostarter as is.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thanks man. Have you tried using the green alfalfa as mulch and run into trouble with it? I've always meant to try it. Ruth Stout uses hay in her no till beds. Do Nothing Gardening is the name of her book from back in the 50's.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #90 MajorToker, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    I tell you I always feel like I'm flirting with nitrogen burn. Once you lay down alfalfa there's no retilling. One piece gets buried and it gets hot as hell and she cooks for a long time. I just wanted to burn that bale up. I threw the rest in my compost pile. I avoid the MBP if it's fresh. That stuff is already enough to activate.

I will have to check that book out. About to read "the natural way of farming".

• Like Like x 1
  11. Also to anyone that knows how do I get these "emulsifiers"? The aloe stuff that hydrated water better and increases uptake of nutrients.
    What is the proper name for it and what are alternatives? Having a bit of trouble finding these products

Also the Munash Rockdust I found is 100% organic and natural so it'd be fine to use right? Idk what rocks its made from exactly but I'm pretty sure it has nothing extra added

12. Not sure if they can ship to you but ingredientstodiefor.com has aloe powder at a decent price.

Australia is the Mecca of aloe plant research. I'm sure you can find some aloe plants. Fresh is better anyways. My local grocery store occasionally has some giant aloe blades from Australia and I usually buy one.

The Munash said it's a combination of granite and basalt dust....with their own special catalyst. The catalyst part could be just about anything. Give them a ring and see if they will tell you what it is. I almost wouldn't buy it on principal if they won't tell you.

Or you could try it on a plant or two and see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  13. For your consideration, I use a quality organically grown yucca extract in powder form (Mojave Gold sold on ebay). Side by side with aloe x200 powder, I think I get a lot more bang for my buck, plus its cheaper and easier to find. More saponins (suds/wetting agent) and it has salicylic acid just as aloe does. I also have a couple live aloe plants I use here and there, but I don't like hacking away at them all the time.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hey man what strength are you using it at per gallon? Looks like a good deal.

15. Do you have access to earth worm castings?

16. Honestly I'm a little loose with the measurements but the recommendation for soil drench is 1/8 - 1/4tsp per gallon......that's plenty. I've added more with fine results...the suds never end

17. Nice man. About the same as aloe powder. I attempted to find some research that compares the Salicylic acid and saponin levels of the two. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

18. OP, one of those links you dropped for rock dust, I was checking out the other day. Anyway, soap nuts are in the product line. Tons o saponins.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Awhile back I saw AD threw up some stats of various saponin containing plants and aloe /yucca was listed. Yucca had a higher saponin content but I couldn't find anything on the amount of salicylic acid. The product I use claims 10% saponin.
    The amount to use per gallon is about the same but visually the yucca has way more bounce to the ounce. Wouldn't hurt to do a side by side for yourself.....happy gardening E.R.D

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. I'll look into getting fresh aloe sometimes that sounds good as. Do you have an idea how much I should add to each litre of water? Also do you just squeeze juice into the water from the aloe blade or use the skin as well?
    Will still probably get some of the powder though as I won't have fresh aloe available all the time, when I buy the aloe powder will it come with directions on how much to use? I'm gonna call my local gardening store tomorrow and see if they sell it.

Contacting Munash to find out what the catalyst is sounds like a good idea too, thanks heaps for your reply Rancho really appreciate the help