No-Till Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Under Hill, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glad you're finding it useful Redskys! :)

2. Hey guys! Picked up some row 6 barley today :) I have it brewing as follows in a 1/2 gallon of de-chlorinated tap water.

An ounce of barley, 2tsp alfalfa meal, 1 tsp humic acid, 1tsp black strap molasses.

Definitely not exactly what you said, but will this work well? It's what I have at the moment.

3. You'll be happy with the results. Personally I'd pass on the molasses and save that for compost teas only, but I don't make any compost teas so the molasses went back up in the kitchen.

Depending on the brand/source of humic acid that could also go, as in not needed especially if the "derived from" is leonardite.

4. #384 Emmitt Otter, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014

Sent from my N861 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. The derived form is leonardite and it was a free sample from a company called Europonic. Lol. I also got Potassium Silicate from them that I am definitely not going to be using again. What's wrong with these products?

Why don't you make any compost teas?

6. #386 supbrosup, Aug 3, 2014
    Just got some aloe vera concentrate certified organic no preservatives but has poly saccharides. Is this safe? Its lily of the desert 5 times strength concentrate

Also wondering if i should,include it in the current brew or would that be too strong?
    Sent from my VK810 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #387 GiMiK, Aug 3, 2014
    What do they use as a preservative agent in the aloe? citric acid?

If so you're good to go though you do not want to mix aloe vera until youre ready to water the solution in, as it's time sensitive. The compounds degrade in about 30 minutes after mixing into the water.

The potassium silicate should be just fine to use, the only reason we advise avoiding the hydro stores is the price tag and unbelievable marketing schemes involved in most places. 

8. Thanks gimik! They loved it oh so much! Lowered light today and topped at the fifth node

9. I keep it as simple as possible while at the same time doing my best to always maintain 'peak health' in the garden. In using notills and thinking of soil health in terms of years instead of individual cycles, things like compost teas are out the window. With high quality soil mixes and humus you're not going to see long term benefits from continually aplying ACT. Simply keeping the soil moist and when watering a compost tea is 'brewing' right there in your soil and to the appropriate levels......so to speak. :)

Long term. Mulch. Once per cycle vermicompost topdress. And I choose to supement this process with weekly applications of enzyme teas, aloe Vera and fresh coconut water.

• Like Like x 3
  10. #390 SoloToker, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
    If I understand correctly 1 oz of malt makes 1/2 gallon of tea which is then diluted with dechlorinated water? At what rate is it diluted?

Also, I know fresh young coconuts are the best, which I can get, but I don't know if they are organic. Would you recommend bottled or coconut powder in my case, and if so, which brand?

Thanks

11. 1 oz of malt per gallon of total tea

12. I've yet to find certified organic coconuts - even at the health and nutrition stores.

13. #393 over dere, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014

BlueJay

You can stop looking. I contacted every major produce house in Portland whose combined sales are over $500 million a year and I asked where could I find organic coconuts and they all laughed. 

"It ain't gonna happen"

subrosup

Polysaccharides are created by plants and other organisms. The reason that the liquid product mentions this is that there are versions of aloe vera juice/liquid/etc. which have had the polysaccharides removed because they can cause 'digestive tract disturbance' - they make people 'fart' to use street vernacular.

Microbes don't seem to have an issue with their neighbors experiencing a 'case of the winds' as the Brits call it.

CC

• Like Like x 2
    lol

I did something like 3 handfuls per 5 gallon bucket....oops?  :ey:

Garden seemed to react the same way as from the live seed route, if not more pronounced vigor.

I'm diggin' the ease of use in comparison to the raw seed route, not to mention the lesser amount of prep time involved. Oh and at $1.40 a lb for 6 row you cant really find a cheaper source for seed unless you buy bulk.

Solid score on this process...I'm sold on it.

Again.  :bongin:

16. Really? 6 row is giving you good of results?

Damn, this weighing is killing me ha ha I think I'm in.

Sent from my LGMS659 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. The epidemy of simple but effective

18. I found organic certified coconut water that comes from concentrate? It also says natural flavor on the label think its safe?

19. What's the brand? The names eluding me but the popular organic brand in most supermarkets and Costco had to change their labeling as they simply use freeze dried coconut powder plus water. 99% of other brands are pasteurized in which case you'd be better off not bothering. The bottled products worth getting are tremendously overpriced unless you just want to water one plant once a month in which case I think that's justifiable. One of those brands is Harmless Harvest.

Stick with fresh or freeze dried and call it a day. IMHO

20. Lol, what does, "'Natural' flavor" mean?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.