no sprouting??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by phyking, Apr 13, 2009.

1. #1 phyking, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2009
    So I germinated a seed in a cup of water for a day, then I flicked the side so it fell to the bottom. In 2 more days I saw it's little tail pop out. As soon as I saw that white guy i placed it some damp soil about 1/4 inches down in a blue party cup(you know the one). I placed a sheet of cling wrap over it and put it under one(1) 27 w 65k cfl on 24/0. It has almost been a week and no sprout. Any ideas on what I should do or did wrong? Much love.

2. well its in a box with white walls and i was going to switch it to my large box that has about 4 lights in it now, but i thought it would just be a waist f money to keep all 4 running while its germinating.

3. As soon as you put it in the soil you need to put as much light as you can on it and do your time schedule

4. #5 firstimah, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
    Make sure you keep your soil moist too, not soaked, but you need to make sure that the humidity/moisture remains high once you put it into the soil. I put a seedling heat mat under mine and kept the temps at 80F and the humidity at 75% and all my seeds sprouted after 2-3 days, make sure that that cling wrap is not too tight either, you need a little air flow in there. You don't need to have any light until they sprout so if you can keep the temps consistent around 70-80F and the humidity above 35% you should have a better chance of it sprouting if the roots haven't rotted or your soil isn't too compact for it to be able to break through.