Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

No smoke when exhaling?!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dååp, Mar 22, 2009.

1. hahaha:smoking:

2. well i just took a really big rip out of my tube and idk what it was but when i pulled it it felt extremely harsh and i exhaled immediately but no smoke came out

3. Been havin the same problem. I exhale almost immediately after seeing milky white smoke flow through the bong into my mouth . . . hardly any smoke at all. I'm wondering if there's a hole in my lung! That's how I found this blog ... I also figure it could be the tar coating my lungs just instantly absorbing the smoke. The bad part is I don't seem to get very stoned when this starts happening. I think it means I should take a little break and let my lungs heal and tolerance go back down.

4. my cousins do that and i let the smoke out all the time im like fuck that

5. Exhale, man! EXHALE!

6. That doesn't make any sense. How are we being hypocritical for saying ghosting isn't good for you?

7. When you inhale, your lungs take oxygen to your blood. when you hold the smoke that long, your lungs have broken down and absorbed all that. Like everyone is saying, 3 seconds, 5 tops, is all that is needed for the thc (and other cannabinoids) to be absorbed into your blood and sent to your brain.

What people call "resin" that builds up in your pipe, it's actually tar - when organic material is burned it produces a tar, which you do inhale, and weed smoke, unless water filtered, is very tar heavy and you don't want to hold onto that garbage.

8. When you use water filtration the smoke it "cleaned" up, and the more times it's filtered, the more it's cleaned, so it's a much thinner smoke than from a pipe/joint. It gets that milky look because the smoke has moisture in it as well as being cooled down makes it heavier. That's why you see the smoke sit at the bottom and slowly rise.

9. in your lungs

10. #30 ImNotEmo, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    After doing edibels my shit reaked of weed!

11. Please stop "ghosting" your hits.

First off, all the smoke is deposited on your lung tissue. Look how much smoke there is when a friend exhales- all of that, each hit you "ghost", is in your lungs! Your lungs will have to clean all of that out somehow.

Second, kids often hold the hit in hard, clamping down to "force the THC into me". What this can do is injure the little air sacs in your lungs and you end up with larger sacs. You can lose a lot of surface area in your lungs this way- which is a VERY bad thing- you get less oxygen into you for a start.

So how long is about right? How about some actual "oldie but goodie" scientific studies about it! (abstracts are short summaries of a study- quick reading! ;) )

Breathhold duration and response to marijuana smoke. (abst - 1989)
    Breathhold duration and response to marijuana smok... [Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 1989] - PubMed result

Marijuana Smoking: Factors That Influence the Bioavailability of Tetrahydrocannabinol (full - 1990)
    http://www.ukcia.org/research/FactorsThatInfluenceBioavailability.pdf

Response to marijuana as a function of potency and breathhold duration (abst - 1991)
    Response to marijuana as a function of potency and... [Psychopharmacology (Berl). 1991] - PubMed result

Marijuana smoking: effect of varying delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol content and number of puffs. (abst - 1992)
    Marijuana smoking: effect of varying delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol content and number of puffs.

Effects of water filtration on marijuana smoke: a literature review (full - 1993)
    [FONT=&quot]Effects of water filtration on marijuana smoke: a literature review

[/FONT]
    Marijuana smoking: effects of varying puff volume and breathhold duration.
    (abst - 1995)
    Marijuana smoking: effects of varying puff volume ... [J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1995] - PubMed result

And one new one-

Quantification and comparison of marijuana smoking practices: blunts, joints, and pipes.
    (abst – 2011) [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Quantification and comparison of marijuana smoking... [Drug Alcohol Depend. 2011] - PubMed result[/FONT]

And to answer a question, THC enters clean lungs at the same rate whether from smoke or vapor. It hits the cell and gets "grabbed". However, a smoker's lungs may be phlegmy (getting rid of smoke particles) and and the THC has to actually touch the lung tissue to be absorbed. :rolleyes:

The difference in high between smoking and vaping is not due to the difference in the amount of THC- it is the lack of carbon dioxide and monoxide, and other combustion products.

You can learn why vaping is superior to smoking by clicking that first link in my sig. Just scroll down to "METHODS of USE" for all kinds of info! :D

Granny :wave:

12. It disappears because you are holding it in to long. Why hold it for 30 seconds anyway?