Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

No Sleep and Weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by DJ ChRoNiC, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Another restless night with no herb to help my insomniac self to sleep.

Dispensary around the area opens at 9 and was wondering if anyone had any experience with smoking weed while staying up for 24 hours+.

Are the highs better, worse, or the same?

I hope I don't end up passing the fuck out cause I got work in the morning :eek:

2. Smoke some resin haha

3. Smoked all of it a few nights ago bud. And plus, I'm not tryna to sleep cause I got work in 4 hours and I have a feeling I might oversleep :O.

4. ahh :/ and yeah might be your best bet I always feel more wrecked after a 4 hour sleep than I do if I had of just stayed up...If that makes sense..

5. Yeahh I definitely know what you mean blade. Body works in weird ways.

6. I did this all the time my sophomore year in college hahah. I liked it, was kind of a zoned out / apathetic high. Might have been the strain I was smoking (unknown) but regardless, I miss it. Would spliff 15% bacci 85% weed sometimes too. I hate tobacco but it was really enjoyable on 0 sleep

7. Just don't get an indica and you won't pass out. :)

8. #8 rastaballer209, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2012
    Yep in the same boat as you im on my last bowl and my collective opens at 10 :) and when i stay up i tend to be sleepy when i smoke lol

Got my shit now im good :)

9. I've been up 48 plus hours smoking and honestly after a while you just get kind of crazed and beligerent but you're in a constant high. Actually not that enjoyable but fuck it:smoke:

On second thought my perspective was definitely skewed, so take this with a grain of salt

10. Why don't you exercise to see if it help you sleep while you on t-break?

11. Weed doesn't help with my insomnia anymore. It used to when I wasn't a daily toker. From my experience it's all about how much you smoke/what you're smoking. Obviously the indicas are going to be what you want to help you pass out.
    Now if I stayed up for 24+ hours smoking the whole time and smoked some indica, I'd get really messed up, almost like a sloppy drunk feeling... But still couldn't pass out. The problem is salivas get my brain too hyper to help with sleep, but the indicas don't slow me down enough to stop all the thoughts from flooding into my head while I'm laying down. It really sucks, I don't like taking any pills that 'treat' insomnia because all they do is knock you out for like 5 hours. Getting knocked unconscious is not the same as sleeping.
    It's the 21st century, why hasn't anyone come up with a pill that flushes the thc out of your system when you take it. :(

12. [quote name='"zomger"']Weed doesn't help with my insomnia anymore. It used to when I wasn't a daily toker. From my experience it's all about how much you smoke/what you're smoking. Obviously the indicas are going to be what you want to help you pass out.
    Now if I stayed up for 24+ hours smoking the whole time and smoked some indica, I'd get really messed up, almost like a sloppy drunk feeling... But still couldn't pass out. The problem is salivas get my brain too hyper to help with sleep, but the indicas don't slow me down enough to stop all the thoughts from flooding into my head while I'm laying down. It really sucks, I don't like taking any pills that 'treat' insomnia because all they do is knock you out for like 5 hours. Getting knocked unconscious is not the same as sleeping.
    It's the 21st century, why hasn't anyone come up with a pill that flushes the thc out of your system when you take it. :([/quote]

cuz marijuanas illegal..

13. So? Why hasn't a stoner scientist figured it out then? Don't tell me they don't exist! :mad:

14. [quote name='"zomger"']

So? Why hasn't a stoner scientist figured it out then? Don't tell me they don't exist! :mad:[/quote]

truth hurts!!! :'(

15. Tolerance break always helps

If your an 24/7 pot head smoker,you'll start felling shit for the first few weeks.

Exercising helps alot! Kills stress and other weed side effects,like insomnia,anxiety attack etc

Stop smoking in two weeks or more,you'll experience a good hit in the head,and better!

It's easy to stop.avoid any contact of supply of weed in your home.

16. I've worked dozens of 12+ hour shifts while high, never had any problems. :)

17. I wish people didn't HAVE to sleep. I wish you could sit around and chill and it would have the same effect, but you could also sleep, cause well, who doesn't love a long sleep?

18. Well ive been up since 6am tuesday and bud is the only thing that keeps me up and energized while i work 12+ hr shifts. But i didnt have any tonight ive been nodding off all night lol.

19. [quote name='"kd0G420"']I wish people didn't HAVE to sleep. I wish you could sit around and chill and it would have the same effect, but you could also sleep, cause well, who doesn't love a long sleep?[/quote]

Haha dam wouldn't it just be amazing if are body's never got exhausted or tired and we could stay awake for months at a time without feeling any differently

But also had the ability to fall asleep instantly at any desired moment to pass time or get through nights

Or if we never got physically exhausted and could sprint and jump and do insane shit for hours and hours without any change in breathing or getting fatigue. So weird to think of what it would be like to never be tired, to bad we will never be able to feel that experience

20. I haven't slept for 24 hours and honestly, I just smoked a bowl and that's alot for my low tolerance and i'm not even high..it was 15 minutes ago. It's like your body is so tired that it doesn't realize you're high...I don't know how to explain it. It's deffinatly some good buds too.