no sex after 4 months

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by dagobaker, Jul 25, 2008.

1. i still have 9 plants started in april by seed (sativa bagseed) that still have no sex signs
    im gonna take some pics tomorrow to show my frustration........
    anyone ever heard of this kind of issue after 4 months?????
    they get amazing sun in my greenhouse about 15 hours a day........the change is about to happen with us getting less sun each day.......

2. Quite normal. My Oaxaca sativa line, from beginning of April will go to end August before flowering and by September will be about 4m tall if I don't prune them, stalks as thick as my thumb. More like trees.

3. i just expected to see sex by now......maybe after another month...........

4. while they're getting 15 hrs sun a day they aren't going to flower, doesn't matter how old they are.

5. i'm in mn and 2 of mine have shown sex and it's 15 hrs of light right now. last yr they flowered a week earlier. closer to 15 hrs 15 min.

6. yeah man me too. shit i want to see some flowers comin

7. Well, if you want to sex them - not a bad idea to save space once you get rid of the males - put a black paper bag over part of each plant. And keep checking.

8. It was at my buddy's on Wednesday and the one plant he's got in his garden was just starting to show sex. The thing is huge, about 7 feet tall and about 2 inches in diameter at the base. He found at the side of his garage back in late March and it was about a foot tall which he later transplanted in his garden.

9. It needs around 12 hours of light and 12 of darkness. If your days are getting longer, it will still veg. So cover your plants in garbage bags to simulate darkness to induce flowering. But you have to do it every day at the right time.

10. rofl i thought this was a "no sex after 4 months" as in with your significant other hahahahaha.

11. some pics........tell me what u think.........these are between the 17 and 20th nodes....

Attached Files:

12. The nodes are alternating, that means they are mature. Theyll show sex in the next couple weeks and begin flowering soon after.

13. they are almost 4 months old from seed and i topped them heavy 4 times and they are almost 7 feet tall........ive seen sex in about half the bagseeds ive started but still have those 9 to tell............

14. 12/12 is what you want to use when trying to determine sex, not 15/9. They are probably prolonging sexing out because of that.

Use the garbage bags.

15. Man the pure sativas show sex very very late in the season and I have to say that I really know how to tell sex before the pistilates come out!
    The second and the third pics are female 100%
    believe me and you will see that in a week or so you will have pistiles on them:)Nice plants far as I can tell

16. thankx.......this is my first outside/greenhouse grow so its a complete experiment....
    the smell is still ok (when my fans are on that is) but flowering will bring many new issues im sure......keep u posted

17. You know what you could do if the plants are not budding yet
    I mean If you want to double your yield or even more
    post some pics of your plants and I will tell you a great way to make multiple colas and to make your buds more dense:)

18. Nothing is being prolonged, he does not need to do anything to the natural light cycle. It is perfectly normal for plants to be unsexed at this time as far north as he is. Up here, we have longer days, meaning it takes longer to sex plants, and it takes longer to harvest plants. He is doing nothing wrong and he needs to change nothing.
    I can smell this bullshit from a mile away. You may have methods of producing multiple colas and increasing density, but dont go around claiming it will more than double anybodies yield.

19. I can smell this bullshit from a mile away. You may have methods of producing multiple colas and increasing density, but dont go around claiming it will more than double anybodies yield.[/QUOTE]
    I am really sorry if I ofended you in any way but there are ways to help your plant recieve maximal potential or even expandin it naturally
    I have a method that I was learning for years and you cant offend me and not even listen what I have to say!!!I am not very good at finding the right words so I cant explain what i have to say so good but If you want I will make a post about supercropping\fimming\lst method that will surely interest you when you realise how it will help your plants to create massive amounts of bud sites and surely make amazing yields!!!I only want to help and if I can help in any way then I am happy!please dont judge me and try to understand the reason I wrote that!Thanks

20. ive topped these sativas about 4 times already and was going to top once more as soon as they show sex
    in ne ohio i still have about 2/3 weeks until the flowering begins so i have time
    my widows only stretch about 50 to 75% so i can keep them under 6.5 feet no problem but my sativas grow like crazy so ill have to do a heavy chop and then ill just let them run crazy through the top and sides of the greenhouse....like a homeade scrog......