No ones real!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by sirsm0kesal0t, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Is it just me or does music seem so fake? None of these artists sing from the heart. The last good protest songs were written by Rage Against the Machine. Music should make you think, music should make you stand up and put your fist in the air! All these artist talk about their problems but why should i care? If you sing about your problems make it interesting and make sure you have legitimate problems. I'm tired of these guys talking about the monster inside them and then talking about love. I hear about people selling crack but i don't believe them. I hear about people being bad asses but i think their pussies. All of these musicians are so corporate now-a-days. Sorry, i just needed to vent. Voice your opinions with me or against me. Which ever, because thats real.

2. Amen to that shit. Rage was fucking awesome.

3. Maybe you should start listening to things a little bit more underground...you'll find the political angst there. Listen to Godspeed You Black Emperor! They are just as politically charged as Rage...their songs are filled with Anarchistic themes and contain many experpts by speakers. However, they are mostly instrumental.

They were mistaken for terrorists a couple of years ago, and the FBI was called in to investigate them.

4. Rise againsts new cd the sufferer and the witness is def political. They were amazing at Warped Tour them and Thursday were def the best bands there.