no more white pistils

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jimmy Carter, Jan 29, 2012.

1. My little plant is a little over a month into flower under 58W of CFLs and I havent noticed much bud growth lately and the long white pistils arent there anymore. They have all been orange for the last couple weeks, does this mean its ready to harvest or no? I remember reading somewhere that its a sign the plant is just about done in flower.

I dont have a pics but I can try and get some, if not a a video too.

Thanks!

2. Yup, no more white pistils means you're pretty much ready (one of the signs). Check your trichomes though, that'll give you a better answer.

3. Thats the thing, I checked like 3 days ago and they are clear but with purple in them! I think Im gonna check again though

4. Also, the tips of the buds(IDK what the parts called but its where the seed would be) are darkening, is this a sign the plant is overdue?

I got pics and a vid uploading. Shitty camera but I can only do so much.

5. Eh, you could. I'd prob let em ride for another week or two just for good measure. Also, read this: Zeus's Take on Harvesting

6. Thanks for the guide! I've come to the conclusion I'm gonna let them go longer.

I'm pretty sure the darkening in purple coming in. I see purple in the trichs and I just looked with my microscope and the dark parts of the bud is turning purple so I guess I'm growing some grapes! cool.

7. At a little over a month of flowering they are nowhere near done. Most strains are done at 8 weeks, some at 7. There must another reason the pistils are turning brown, like maybe something you gave them.

8. Yeah I try to. I find it really hard to focus on them with a pocket microscope, my hands arent steady enough

9. I hear ya! ;)

10. The calyx and pistil go through several different stages during growth. First they pistils are white, then they slowly turn brown, then they whither and fall off and if the plant is sinsemilla meaning it hasn't been pollinated, the calyx will begin to swell and that's the end of their development. However the best way to tell if its ready is to go by the color of the trichosomes.

11. They are still clear so I will be continuing its growth for another few weeks-month

I currently have 4 more bagseeds germinating in paper towel right now. I will be planting them in cocofiber tomorrow.