No More Fluoride Consumption for Me!

Discussion in 'General' started by BigYellowJoint, Mar 25, 2009.

1. #1 BigYellowJoint, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For those of you who are unaware, fluoride in our tap water, toothpaste, and several canned products is destroying our pineal glands by calcification.

http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/pineal/

Just trying to spread awareness for those who wish to listen. :D

Peace.

EDIT: Will toddler toothpaste sufficiently clean my teeth, y'think??

2. Dont swollow your toothpaste? :confused_2:

3. I hear the gums absorb fluoride.

4. i swallowed a lot of (normal) toothpaste when i was little...oops

5. Yeah good luck having good mouth hygiene without fluoride..

6. http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/teeth/caries/

:)

7. "tom's" makes several organic fluoride free toothpastes.

fluoride can also be absorbed in the shower, and even organic food is likely to have been grown with fluoride-containing water, meaning it gets in our food too (and on our buds)

8. Culligan water contains fluoride if you didnt know. The shit is everywhere. http://www.bottledwater.org/public/fluorida.htm

9. Baby toothpaste, hahaha. :D

10. Avoiding fluoride is about as easy as avoiding fluorescent lights.

11. lol drinking only bottled water would cost me a shit load. fuck that

12. Well, I use Laura Lynn (an Ingles brand) purified drinking water through reverse osmosis. I just couldn't find a picture of it. :p

Thank you for looking out for me, man. :)

13. #14 BigYellowJoint, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
    True. I'll do all I can to protect my precious pineal gland, though. :D

EDIT: I apologize for the double post.

14. The pineal gland was originally believed to be a "vestigial remnant" of a larger organ (much as the appendix was thought to be a vestigial digestive organ). Aaron Lerner and colleagues at Yale University discovered that melatonin, the most potent compound then known to lighten frog skin, was present in the highest concentrations in the pineal.[11] Melatonin is a derivative of the amino acid tryptophan, which also has other functions in the central nervous system. The production of melatonin by the pineal gland is stimulated by darkness and inhibited by light.[12] Photosensitive cells in the retina detect light and directly signal the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN), entraining its rhythm to the 24-hour cycle in nature. Fibers project from the SCN to the paraventricular nuclei (PVN), which relay the circadian signals to the spinal cord and out via the sympathetic system to superior cervical ganglia (SCG), and from there into the pineal gland. The function(s) of melatonin in humans is not clear; it is commonly prescribed for the treatment of circadian rhythm sleep disorders.

The compound pinoline is also produced in the pineal gland; it is one of the beta-carbolines.

The human pineal gland grows in size until about 1-2 years of age, remaining stable thereafter[13] [14], although its weight increases gradually from puberty onwards [15][16]. The abundant melatonin levels in children is believed to inhibit sexual development, and pineal tumors have been linked with precocious puberty. When puberty arrives, melatonin production is reduced. Calcification of the pineal gland is typical in adults.

In animals, the pineal gland appears to play a major role in sexual development, hibernation, metabolism, and seasonal breeding.

Pineal cytostructure seems to have evolutionary similarities to the retinal cells of chordates.[17] Modern birds and reptiles have been found to express the phototransducing pigment melanopsin in the pineal gland. Avian pineal glands are believed to act like the suprachiasmatic nucleus in mammals.[18]

Studies suggest that in rodents the pineal gland may influence the actions of recreational drugs, such as cocaine,[19] and antidepressants, such as fluoxetine (Prozac),[20] and its hormone melatonin can protect against neurodegeneration.

Sounds like working as intended.

15. baking soda works just as good at cleaning your teeth

16. I respect you for doing this. Most people, including me, would not be able to do it. I would hate to miss out on going out to eat w/ friends or family or having to bring water everywhere.

17. True that look at the English no offense to any brits

18. Well water does not have flouride in it.. only if you live in a town/city

19. My grandmother has brushed her teeth with baking soda for more than 20 years and her teeth look decent.

I think I'll use baking soda in the morning/after lunch and toddler toothpaste at night.

I miss living in the country :( (not just because of well water, of course)