No mods?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Verdurous, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 500 people online in the middle of the day (in North America at least) posting away and there's not a single mod online... Are you guys waiting to switch over to the new system to add on some help or something? I don't mean to complain, because I know you're all busy and slave away at this site, but having such massive and frequent gaps in coverage really takes away from the forum's quality. It's been a rather persistent problem too even though I know you guys are asking for applications for new mods. You guys used to be incredibly responsive and on your game around the clock, like you had shifts set up or something, but now it feels like your game is starting to slip a little. :confused_2:

I'm still relatively pleased with the site overall. GC is still pretty much my favorite website, so don't take any of my feedback too harshly. :p I'm super stoked for the new technical changes and wish you all the luck in having a smooth, bug-free transition. Really, modlessness is the only problem I've noticed and it's just annoying because of its effects on the quality of posts, diminished vibe, and such. Other than that...

[​IMG]

2. I know back when I was a mod, a lot of us logged on invisible so that might be a reason for not seeing any on. Or there might not be any on. :confused_2:

The threads/posts I have been reporting lately seem to be acted on in a timely manner, from what I can tell. I hope to see new mods added soon though. This is a really big board for the number of active staff members. Has been for years.

Of course, when that does happen and there are enough mods to deal with everything including signatures and off topic for forum threads, then there will be folks complaining about the mods being too "hands on", so they really can't win. :p

I'm looking forward to the update, too. It will be interesting. :cool:

3. Don't have to worry about that from me! The sig violations/off topic nonsense annoy me too. :p

That's a good point, which I've considered, but after seeing a flame war goes on for pages and pages, I think it's safe to assume their probably isn't a mod around. lol Either that or they're that swamped and we still need some kind of solution. :confused_2:

4. Or they don't have permissions in the particular thread;)

5. I think they should give a few of you grow area mods permissions across the boards...most of you guys actually do log on regularly...

Then again, I don't know what happens behind the scenes, so I suppose I really shouldn't presume too much...

6. I can see why you would want to assign mods to certain forums, but why don't they have power in all of them? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

7. It's fine the way it is man chill

8. I have stickies up in various forums stating that we're going to add new Mods and for anyone interested to send a PM to the appropriate user account.

So, new Mods will be added but it makes no sense to teach them how to use the moderating tools we have now and have them get used to them when they are going to change completely when we do the upgrade because then, they will have to be taught how to use NEW moderating tools. So, everything will happen at once, pretty much. Upgrade + new Mods = better City, overall. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.