Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

No longer getting "high"

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by J Woodi, Nov 26, 2010.

1. I've been smoking about 4 times a week and lately everytime i smoke i just get a buzz no matter how much we smoke. I smoked 5 bowls yesterday and still just had a high buzz. I remember when i first started i would have the time of my life and now it's just okay. Would a t break help this? Are there any other smoking method i should try?

2. How do you smoke? Like bong, blunt, J, vape...

What are you smoking?

I have smoked for the last 6 years, with no more than a 3 day break, and I get high everyday..

3. sometimes youll never be able to replicate the first few times you get high. You could.....switch up smoking methods, smoke with less people, bigger hits, better weed smoke more or trying making some brownies or edibles. Juat some thoughts

4. key word, bowls.

Try to roll something up, a J or a blunt. youll get fucked up.

owls tend to do that after a while, sort of a tolerance, which can be fixed by smoking something rolled up.

5. Vapes, bongs, joints, blunts, bowls in that order imo, although nothing beats a nice bong rip..

6. Yeah? What's the science behind this theory? What's the difference between lighting bud on fire and inhaling it and lighting bud on fire and inhaling it?

The biggest factor(s) in the problem with getting high is tolerance and potency. Comparing smoking methods, excluding methods which encourage larger hits like bongs, is pointless, unless it's a discussion on personal preference.

7. Ive learned that all you gotta do is mix it up. I found that smoking different ways "seem" to produce different highs. I can smoke a bowl and feel mellow, smoke a joint and feel really high and energettic, and smoke a bong and just go into a daze like. But if you only smoke bowls try a J. You will be HIGH!

8. im not a scientist, so i couldnt tell ya. just one of those things that if you do, it will help and work. dont need to know how its done as long as it gets the job done well.

exactly with my theory, not to sure why but it just works.

9. I think it's one of those things that's just in your head.

I smoke bowls and chillums all the time, and vaporize often as well. When I smoke joints I don't get any more or less high unless I put hash or kief in it.

10. Not entirely true. Different smoking methods extract different amounts of THC in the smoke. If im not mistaken, the smoke you inhale from a joint contains only around 30% THC while the smoke you inhale from a bong is around 70%. Although its not smoke, the vapor if your using a vape contains around 90%. Too lazy to look for the source, but its out there. Read about it awhile ago.
    So yea, there is a difference in lighting bud on fire and inhaling it, and lighting bud on fire and inhaling it.

11. dont listen to this kid, all i smoke out of is bowls and it always gets the job done, but yea OP either get better bud or learn to inhale correctly

12. I was oversimplifying on purpose, but the point remains that the difference between a bowl and a joint in negligible. I've seen studies that compare smoking methods and vaporization, none of them put any sort of emphasis on joints vs bowls.

13. Oh yea, i completely agree with you that lettuce chief has no idea what hes talking about. Just pointing out that different methods like vaping or using a bong will most likely get you higher.

But im a J/blunt man regardless.

14. The difference is that certain smoking methods get you more THC.
    Joints - 28% THC
    Bongs - 74% THC
    Vaporizers - 92% THC

15. bah i was close enough.

16. I never denied that.
    In fact, in my first post I specifically mention that bongs will get you higher.

17. maybe i worded it wrong.

If you cant get high of bowls, like youre buzzed all day but not high, switch methods and youll get high.

many people can say that this works. cuz it does.

18. jeez, it's fucking pointless trying to be that accurate BECAUSE IT'S NOT POSSIBLE! Those numbers may have worked for one situation at some point but it's not like everything you smoke a joint you're going to get exactly 28% THC.

There's too many variables around to judge what's better. Depends on what bud you're smoking, how you smoke, etc etc. But in general, Vaporizers > Bongs > Blunts > Bowls > Joints, in my opinion.

19. #19 MadbuddhA, Nov 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2010

Those variables are taken into account. It doesnt depend on the bud you smoke because those percentages have nothing to do with the bud, but the smoking method. Every time you smoke a joint you will only be getting around 28% of the total THC content of that joint. Stop arguing research that has gone through several experiments and observations with your opinion.

20. lol dude are you seriously saying every joint, bong or vaporizer will release those exact percentages of THC? right. there's so many varieties of joints, bongs or vaporizers that you just can't generalize like that.