No idea whats going on, need help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by YMrastaboi530, Mar 12, 2013.

1. I been having this plm ever since they been flowering the first week but never in the veg stage. I am currently using root organics nute line and I follow the feeding schedule so I should have no plm. I kno it cant be over nute cuz i feed them lots of water (ph 6.0) and nutes feeding once a week. I'm also using vermifire soil and 1000watt hps. The room is constant 75 degrees. I looked everywhere but could not find what's wrong with my plant. Here are the pics. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

image-2970575114.jpg

image-2562710746.jpg

image-567692014.jpg

2. I need help ASAP! I do not want to fail this grow again

3. Update. As I was carefully inspecting my plants, I saw several gnats crawling all over my soil. Is this could be the problem why my plants has been growing slowly and yellow leaves with tiny black dots?

image-2206124673.jpg

4. It looks like nute burn mate

5. #5 YMrastaboi530, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2013
    It can't be nute burn bc I feed them nute then pure water then nute and so forth according to roots organics feeding schedule. I actually found out that gnats was causing this plm. I didn't realize how harmful they are till I research about them. My solution? Thin layer of sand to suffocate to larvae and sticky strip to capture gnats. It. Greatly reduced the gnats overnight. But thanks guys for no help, now back to my grow journal where I'll continue talk to myself. :smoke:

6. It can definitely be nute burn, you have to watch the plants and see what they need. You'd have to have a very bad infestation of gnats to cause huge damage. The labels directions on most nutes are way more than a plant really needs.

That said, is there lime in your soil mix? A ph of 6 is too low for soil IMO especially with no lime to buffer. Going in at 6 and dropping to 5.5 or lower in the soil will cause a multitude of problems.

7. Interesting, I though ph 5.5 - 6.5 is the perfect ph level? I didn't know 6.0 is too low for soil, what is the best ph level for soil? I also provided some pics between the 2 (was) gnat infected plants and one without gnats, both exactly same feeding schedule. The ones that was infected with gnat start slow growth around 2nd week. The one without gnat is 2nd week old and you'll see the big difference. But def no way it's nute burn. I've killed so many of my plants mainly bc of nute burn and I know this isn't the case of nute burn. I'll also post my feeding schedule. The first few pics are the gnat infected plants, the last few pics of a healthy plant is the one that was without gnats.

image-1072515208.jpg

image-2717475935.jpg

image-1626547531.jpg

image-2137368980.jpg

image-3174732863.jpg

image-3111224035.jpg

image-1606886447.jpg

Attached Files:

8. Well properly amended soil should have water ph'd to 6.3 - 6.8 (good soil can handle higher swings but im saying optimum) and the soil will do the rest.

But if you're using a peat based soil not amended with lime it can cause ph to lower as peat is acidic so going in at ph 6 could leave the wet soil sitting at 5 or lower which could cause lockout issues.

9. Fuckin dickhead dont ask for help and then get funny when people give you there opinion dickhead