Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

No-Heat THC oil question

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SuburbanDankies, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Here's the question:
    I'm making brownies. I know thc is not psychoactive in its acidic form and it must be decarboxylated, but if soaked in vegetable oil for a few days, THEN cooked, wouldnt the thc (in its acidic form) be extracted and decarboxylated during cooking? This should work, right?
    So i dont know much about this stuff, but id like some responses and input. If you guys want, i'll report back on the thread if i do decide to make them.
    Also, if the extraction does work, will cooking with thc-infused vegetable oil make my kitchen reek? i dont think it would...
    i live in a college dorm and would be using our floor's kitchen sooooo thanks guys.

2. I am looking to do this exact thing and was thinking if i used kief instead of bud will the smell be less?

3. have no idea if it will work or not but i feel as if it would smell when cooked if it worked.

4. Yea i don't think thats a good idea on your part. If you try to cook oil with weed in the kitchen you will get caught. Try to go to someone elses house or something. Or let the bud sit in the oil for like a month. Or 2 weeks. Then bake with it. But make sure you make two batches of brownies. A normal and a weed one. That way the normal one will cover the smell and you can give it to people if they ask.

5. I am going to let the bud sit in the oil for a week. I can't see it taking a whole goddamn month to extract......then im baking with it. im just going to say "im mailing these to my friend" if anyone asks. or "$20 plz"

6. A week might not be long enough though. Its best to wait at least 2 weeks bro. Think about it. You can wait a week and get an okay buzz. Or you can wait two weeks and have a batch of super brownies. Good edibles take time. You gotta let the thc extract. If you have to just make some oil at like 2 in the morning when everyones asleep.

7. again. people just giving me suggestions without sources.
    http://www.420magazine.com/forums/420-kitchen/62513-cannaoil-no-heat-way.html
    here it says 24 hours.

Making Canna-oil Without Heat: A Question
    this dude did 3 days and says after using an alcohol extraction there was VERY little thc left.

Please guys - and this should be a general rule on the forum - dont give information without a source, or at least SOME science to back it up....opinion without research unfortunately doesnt help me the least bit