no growth after 3 weeks from seed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by natureman, Oct 23, 2016.

1. I germed seeds in small pots.
    I have them under two 300 watt led's on 18/6 cycle.
    They got two sets of leaves and then just stopped growing.
    I made the mistake of transplanting the seedlings in to larger fabric pots.
    After 3 weeks of no growth I wasn't sure what the problem was.
    I went and bought better soil,some peat moss and some cow manure.
    I mixed the soil and peat moss with equal portions and added a little less cow manure then the equal parts
    of the soil and peat moss.
    I then threw in enough perlite for some moisture retention.
    I then took the plants from the larger containers,rinsed off the roots and replanted them back in to smaller pots.
    I am just trying to experiment to find out if my plants will start root production and start growing after I did all of this.
    I just replanted them today back in to the smaller pots
    I will keep updating this thread from time to time.
    Please feel free to add any advice on how to get more root growth and plant growth over all.

2. It's probably an auto. they tend to stop growing around that time and transition in flower. That's my best guess without pics

3. They are regular W/Widow from Nirvana seeds and they're still at seedling height,about 3 inches tall and no growth.

4. Probably watering them to death. Can't determine anything without a picture.

5. It could be a watering issue.
    I will let you know more in a few days and get some pics posted tomorrow.
    I have them in a better soil mixture so hopefully they'll start to grow.

6. Weak lights and low temps are the 2 prime causes of stalled plants.. Light them up more and raise temps in the grow space.. It's fall and LEDs don't make a lot of heat.. If the floor of the grow space is cold and the roots are cold = stalled plants..
    I run T5HO and keep them an inch off the tops and run the veg space 24-0 with no dark at all for fastest veg.. C5 plants don't need a dark IMO..
    [​IMG]
    BNW

7. I run my first stage in 3x3x3 inch cups and that will support a 12 inch tall plant.. The small cups dry fast and the rapid wet-dry cycling speeds plant growth as well.. At 12 inches tall the root zone is packed and the plants slip out with not a root disturbed and I move to a 5x5x7 inch pot for the second half of my veg..
    BNW

8. I know it's not a heat issue.
    I live in florida and it's an indoor grow.
    I have then in a tent and the temps are between 80-85
    There is plenty of light in there.

9. I will wait until they get enough growth to move them from the small pots in to the larger fabric pots.

10. Transplanting into larger pots before they are root bound in their first pot will cause slower growth until the roots establish themselves again.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. I think that is the problem.
    i will find out in a few days.

• Like Like x 1
  12. You got it BnW. Same here.

J