No Government Shutdown

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BA, Apr 9, 2011.

1. #2 stickybuds420, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2011
    it was just a republican bluff to try and slash funding for planned parenthood and stuff like that

actually just found out it worked they are gonna vote on ending funding in senate fuck the government

2. I wanted it to happen just to see what it was like...:cry:

3. This isnt even in the right direction....the cutting isnt enough at all. Just because its the biggest we have ever done, doesnt mean its significant in any way compared to how big our nation debt is. We need ideas like and legislation like what Paul Ryan has put forth. I can definately see us making more "bridges" like we doing now instead of going with large cuts if Paul Ryans budget doesnt pass the senate (which i doubt it will). We can just look forward to them twiddling their thumbs putting off an actual working budget.

Also, planned parenthood should be cut if people who are paying for it dont agree with how the money is being spent. I dont really care if it gets cut or not since its so minuscule, but we need to cut programs and spending. This is something that we can do without and its something they dont even agree with, thus they try and get rid of it, sounds perfectly logical. These are the kind of programs we NEED to cut, the less government the better since all they know how to do is fuck shit up and tell people how to live.

4. its just obama trying to save face

5. Do you know what is sad? The fact that right now, football and politics are literally exactly the same. People are worried about money, the collective bargaining agreement has run up and they are afraid of a lockout. The same thing is happening with the NBA.

This, to me, is a publicity stunt. They will not shut down the federal government until it is too late. No one in our congress or the White House will let their cash cow die out like that. They are trying to scare you.

Fuck them...

6. MOTHER FUCKER!!!

Lol I wanted this to happen sooo bad. Ugghh oh well, on to the next plan.

7. Why? Your life wouldn't change a bit.

8. Science forbid we realize how worthless the non-essential Federal government is.

9. It would have motivated federal workers to wake up and realize this government is shit and we need to do something about it.

They would start asking questions. Like "where are these trillions of dollars going? How come we don't know where it goes? How come I don't get to know what happens in our government? Isn't this a free country? "

People would get pissed and realize his government is shady as hell and everything is done in favor to the international mega corporations.

I could care less if it effects my life or not. It's not about me, it's about the country.

Greed and selfishness is the reason we are in this mess...I don't want to contribute to that.

10. Is limited small government so irrational :rolleyes:

11. Would have been funny watching them try and tell people they weren't getting paid because of planned parenthood :laughing:

12. I know right.

Doesn't everyone realize that more than half of these "government" agencies are unconstitutional

13. So im confused. Did they cut planned parenthood? A news report I read said they didn't. But i would have felt bad cutting it, cuz a RI senator was reading a letter from some girl who discovered her cancer, yada yada yada, because of the program...

Either way though, at least they figured some shit out before they started negavtively effecting hardworking peoples lives. No need for that.

14. Well we have already have a few government shutdowns...but i agree with what you are saying about this one. It's really fucking sad what this country has come to...I mean I can see the NBA and NFL doing it but the US federal government? that's an atrocity

15. boo, hiss.

they managed to save all of...what 0.285% of the deficit, nice work guys and gals...job well done, give yourselves a raise...you know you want to.

16. #17 Hubert J. Farnsworth, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2011

Article made Obama look like a bitch :laughing:

17. all i want from obamacare is the health care until im 26

cant afford that shit son

18. i can't afford to be paying taxes for worthless unconstitutional government programs. yet here i am.

and, please, the government shutting down? that is happening no where in the near future unless the dollar collapses. where would they get next years $175k salary to fight over potatoes in a bloated trillion dollar budget.

19. yea they need to raise tax and cut defense budget buy about 3/4

i cant believe that people think just cutting spending and not raising taxes can solve america's fiscal problems. americans are so ignorant of how their country works its actually sad.