No Experience Closet grow! 150 watt HPS, BubbleBucket!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by oat0328, Feb 2, 2013.

1. #1 oat0328, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2013
    Whats popping GC I some inputs on if Im heading in the right direction for a personal stash. I also have Super Thrive should I use it while feeding or just watering only?

Growing Condition:
    Planted 1/21
    Lighting: 150w hps 8-12 in away 18/6 light cycle
    Medium: Hydroton
    Water: filterd tap water ph 7.0 ppm 161
    5 gallon tote water is under the netpot
    Nutrients Gh Flora Micro & Bloom: Im using the Lucas formula
    I feed them this week 15m micro 30m bloom
    ph:5.8-6.1 starts off 5.8 then go up to 6.1 and stay there solid for hours
    ppm: 471-495 jumps 471-to 495 then bk down to 471

Attached Files:

2. Your ppm out of the tap and filtered is 161? Maybe, something is wrong with your meter. That's way to high ppm for those small plants, there going to burn to death, unless you meter is reading high.

3. These plants are almost 2 weeks old... Was I not suppose to start feeding them yet?
    I went light on the nutes lucuas says 5/10, and I have a 4 gal water line so I did 15m micro which is for 3 gal and 30m bloom for 3 gal as well. If I am wrong please steer me to the right direction. With the water ppm 161 and added nutes now ppm is 471. Thanks

4. You should be good if the plants look like that then don't trip keep it low like that till you get true fan leaves then you can bump it up i didn't see do you have top drip as well

Sent from iPhone 5

5. You can do 24 hrs light too for more growth

Sent from iPhone 5

6. That very high for tap water plus you say you filtered it. My tap is somewhere around 45. Maybe you have a problem with your ppm meter, looks like it maybe off. Can you calibrate it. To me it looks like those plants are to small for that high of a feeding sch.

7. No I don't have a top drip I just eye ball the net pot while watering to make sure the water level is under the net pot. Ok I will switch to 24hrs I just thought maybe some rest would improve the growth with less stress. I guess my next feeding is next week I will repeat the same formula until there 4 weeks old and ready to flip into 12/12 and hit em with full strength 8/16.