No Evil No God

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by cspcdawg, Mar 20, 2008.

1. One man said to me, 'You know, if you think about it, God is responsible for all Evil. He supposedly controls everything. If He had just cut down the tree of Knowledge, or never made it in the first place, Adam and Eve wouldn't have sinned and we, in the Bible's view, wouldn't be damned from birth unless choosing the 'Righeous' path (he wasn't Christian, and neither am I).

I replied, 'But of course He can't be responsible for Evil. Think about it. If you're talking within the confines of Christianity, then Dualism becomes quite essentail. Dualism is basically defining yourself through what you are not. For example, we define Good by it not being Bad. That's how we separate our experiences between positive ones and negative ones. If God exists, and if He claims to be all that is good, then how do we, or how does He, for that matter, separate himself from Evil? In order for there to be one thing, there has to be its opposite to define itself from what it isn't. So basically, you can't have only Good in Dualism, it doesn't work. Nor can you have Bad or Evil ecompassed within the Good, because Good would cease to be Good if it was tainted by Evil.

They are concepts that physically manifest themselves into actions. No one thought can be enveloped by another. They just are, and balance themselves through their counterparts. So thusly, God NEEDS Evil in order to separate Himself from it. He places moral value on thoughts and actions and then acts accordingly. If there were no Devil, we would not have God, and thusly would have no path to salvation, no Higher Power to worship. God, my friend, needs Evil, and we need it so that we can supposedly choose the righeous path. How can we deserve heaven if we don't act on Good? How can there BE a heaven if Satan is not there to tempt us, to contradict Goodness, so that we can choose which to follow? Even if choice is an illusion, free will already predetermined by God, is a different story. But the illusion remains nonetheless. If God took away the Evil he would undo himself.'

2. 0____o
    That was a mind fuck!
    I'll come back to this later as I'm leaving in about 30 minutes...

3. yeah.

i heard recently sin wasnt invented until the 1600s!

as late as that i thought.

it does seem like just a scaremongering perversion of 'fucking-up-&-shooting-yourself-in-the-foot".

n thats the kind you talk of. the churchianitarian tyranny on consciousness.

perversion, transaltion. same thing. :p

;)

4. Taking the effect and making it the cause.

If I sell you a gun and you kill someone am I responsible for murder?

Your second arguement of dualism is more valid. However the basics of good and evil are imparted to us by our parents as we get older we make up our own mind.

5. Yes but from a christian viewpoint, god is all knowing, so he would have seen this coming no matter what.

6. ya but dude God does not hav control over your free will. it can be affected by God or the devil. that is why some people kill and some people save

7. well if you believe that, your really a christian and just pretending not to be one cuz your IQ is that of a monkey

at least thats what citizen abuse would tell you

but no ur right, the question of "if theres a god then how can there be evil" is one that alot of atheists try to use to disprove god, n u just explained why there is evil perfectly

*golf clap*