Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

No effect with edibles? :[[

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by absolutekraze, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Hey guys, tried to search this, only found one thread which did not help much. Please point me in the right direction if you find something.

I have bought edibles from my local dispensary, known to have some of the most potent stuff around. Every time I get all excited to get that awesome body high for the first time, wait for an hour, and nothing. I usually wait two and then give up and smoke a bowl. I just bought a tincture and I am feeling nothing. I've now taken 2 teaspoons (they recommend 1 for first time users) And it's been over an hour. :[[

Anyone heard of someone being "immune" to edibles before? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the help! :]

~Casey

2. It's not entirely unheard of, you could just be one of the few people who's digestive make-up prevents you from getting the full (or any) effect from edibles, whether it's a lack of enzymes or an abundance, or you have scar tissue preventing you from absorbing oils, or even nutrition in general as quickly.

I have a high edible tolerance myself, I don't feel much if any effect from a normal dose and usually make 4 X strength tinctures, but I also suffer from severe digestive issues that negatively effect my ability to absorb nutrition, in effect I consistently get less out of everything I consume, whether it's food or medication.

Besides getting a low quality or 'dud' batch, that's the most common reason patients may be unsatisfied with the results they get from edibles. Where you're repeat-buying from a dispensary and others are satisfied with the results, quality is probably not the issue.

3. Thanks for such a great response. This is what I was looking for.

I did have a surgery when I was little that may have left scar tissue. And my family has a history of digestive problems.
    Ahh, well I guess I'm done wasting my money on edibles for the time being.
    Thanks again! :]

4. No problem :) But I'd hate to think that you're completely out of the edible game!

You may find that in time, edibles may have more effect for you, your body chemistry can change and scar tissue can sometimes (slowly) heal and improve, on top of that, you can always experiment with making your own and just bump up the potency, it's pretty easy, and for me it was necessary :) Good luck!