No carb

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by lane1989, Jun 7, 2022.

1. #1 lane1989, Jun 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    A buddy of mine bought me a silicone grogu mine water bong and it has no carb. Wondering if I cld put one on it or if anyone else had come across a similar situation and has any suggestions. Thanks in advance. 20220606_181241.jpg 20220606_181236.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Are you able to remove the bowl? Being able to do that would be your carb.

Cool Piece BTW :GettingStoned:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. If it were me I'd take a drill and put a small hole right on top of his head, use a silicone bit if you can get one or otherwise use some thing (not your finger) to prop the head up for a clean drilling, maybe a short chunk of 2x2 or dowel rod on a vice with the head secured tightly over it so you can drill down through the wood).

(depending on how you prefer to hold it, you could also prob put the hold on one side of his head in front of the ears, so you could cover hole with the index finger of the same hand you hold bong with.)

Worst case have a friend gently pull the ears to stretch the head and give you a cleaner drill bore.

Now all you should have to do is put your mouth on the pipe, light the bowl with one hand and hold a finger of your other hand over the head hole, lift it up for your carb.

Its not gonna be super pretty, but its probably the quickest way to add a carb.

If you wanna class it up some match your drill bit size to a standard silicone plus size so if you want you can have a plug for your carb besides your finger if you want, something like this (these are for 14mm holes)
    Robot or human?

Now that I think about that item, you could probably also use a silicone butt plug of the proper size too as a carb holder, but I'd spend the few dollars more on a dedicated carb plug lol.

Cute piece btw, hope you get it tuned up to your liking.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Yes but not super easily

5. Thank you! I will definitely try that! I'm kinda of a yoda but, so my buddies usually buy it if they're out and see something yoda that I may not have

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Hi
    I use the same bowls in some of my pipes.
    Because I have a machine shop I would make a bowl adaptor out of brass , where I could pull the bowl out .
    You want the carburetor close to the bowl but where it will not leak .

7. Even with taking the bowl out its all not much room underneath it. A quarter to maybe a half inch

8. Headhunter pipes has the best idea for quality, mine was posted under the impression you wanted to smoke out of yoda like in the immediate future as the quickest way.

Depending on how the bowl sits, and I think you said you aren't super handy with tools, you might be best served by just buying an extender and using the exisiting bowl as the carb. something like this

upload_2022-6-8_11-50-39.jpeg

Depending on how your bowl fits, you may need something of a different base, height or diameter, and you might need to use some form of adhesive to secure it into Yoda to get a good airtight seal, just make sure whatever you use is not gonna fuck up your lungs adhesive wise.

if you google "bowl adaptor" "bowl extender" or similar terms a variety of stuff should come up, too lazy to check but this site has an online headshop, they may sell it right here

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. This is wat sits in it now as a bowl piece now so Screenshot_20220608-115533_Google.jpg

10. Never used built in hole bowls, but I'm sure they've got to make adaptors, extenders, or something, someone who uses bowls like that regularly probably has better advice

• Like Like x 1
  11. Well I do appreciate the help you've given. Atleast pointed me in some direction on wat I can look up to maybe help. Cause I want popping a hole in the bong itself to be my last resort

12. This pipe looks deadly! Where did you buy it?? :vaping:

13. #13 daryelcorran, Aug 15, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    I think you said you aren't super handy with tools, you might be best served by just buying an extender and using the exisiting bowl as the carb. something like this