NJ will not prosecute small cannabis cases, at least until September

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by lessthanjeezy, Jul 25, 2018.

1. N.J. won't prosecute many weed cases until September.

NJ is putting a hold on any cannabis cases until at least September when a legalization bill is likely to head to the Senate. This is a very good indication the legalization is on the horizon. This is a great step in the right direction, and I hope a big breath of fresh air for anyone in NJ who was facing a minor cannabis possession charge in the near future. My state is finally starting to move in a positive direction.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hello from Jersey. Yes, I'm hoping that this is an indicator that by this time next year I may buy legally. There has been a lot of talk that the legislators were trying to study other legal states and craft medical, commercial and legal bill that would try to address all aspects. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out. I live by the shore so a lot of towns like Seaside have already said they will ban stores. I guess they prefer drunks. Fortunately my town has Democratic mayor and council and has adopted a let's see what the actual laws are first because this can bring some good money to the town potentially view. So I'm really hoping this is a good sign. I strait up want to bitch slap the assholes in this state that think squandering law enforcement, ruining people's lives and keeping weed in the hands of criminals by continuing this idiotic prohibition of weed is a good idea.

• Agree Agree x 1