Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

NJ MMJ and Glaucoma

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by higherfire, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was wondering if anyone knew how the MMJ situation in NJ was coming along, while MMJ has been legal here for a while there are no open dispensaries selling MMJ to my knowledge

I know Montclair was suppose to have gotten the permit to start growing, but when will they distribute?

Also, the reason i ask is because my uncle has very severe Glaucoma and has been legally blind since he was young, i was wondering when he would be able to go out get a MMJ card and find a dispensary for his medication

And does anyone know of strains that decrease the intraocular pressure more than others?

2. Bump, anyone?

3. No you will not be able to smoke your uncles pot. Because he cant get it, jersey you had to be pretty much on your death bed to get it.

4. alright i wanted an opinion from some one who knows what they are talking about,

Glaucoma is one disease that MMJ treats in just about every state, as it directly lowers intraocular pressure in your eye

But you probably think i just want to smoke my uncles pot? or maybe id rather see him smoke weed for medication than take countless pills and surgeries

5. [quote name='"higherfire"']alright i wanted an opinion from some one who knows what they are talking about,

Glaucoma is one disease that MMJ treats in just about every state, as it directly lowers intraocular pressure in your eye

But you probably think i just want to smoke my uncles pot? or maybe id rather see him smoke weed for medication than take countless pills and surgeries[/quote]

Look it up im from jersey shit head, youll c mostly for people with cancer and aids and who are like "on there death beds" only so your uncle is SOL.

6. Look on google.com like you could have and youll see this.

7. Just because you're from jersey doesn't mean you actually know anything about Nj MMJ. You don't have to be "on your death bed", but you must have a terminal illness such as Parkinson's disease, cancer, diabetes etc. AIDS would fall into that category as well.

Green leaf compassion center (Montclair) has announced that it's been growing off site for a few months now, and are waiting for a bunch of permit shit and verification of employees before the center becomes active. According to the owner/manager, the plants are doing well.

8. [quote name='"Technyque"']Just because you're from jersey doesn't mean you actually know anything about Nj MMJ. You don't have to be "on your death bed", but you must have a terminal illness such as Parkinson's disease, cancer, diabetes etc. AIDS would fall into that category as well.

Green leaf compassion center (Montclair) has announced that it's been growing off site for a few months now, and are waiting for a bunch of permit shit and verification of employees before the center becomes active. According to the owner/manager, the plants are doing well.[/quote]

Terminal ill disease aka dying or going to die...
    you didnt even answer his question though... And i havent heard of it for diabites can you really?

9. http://www.nj.gov/health/medicalmarijuana/

Fyi dont see diabtie$. And also says if you have a year or less of living of certain sickness.\tdeath bed like i said.
    Apparently you can get it from what you said. But from the looks of what it says i dont think your uncle would.
    From what i remember hearing its very hard to get a card

10. #11 Technyque, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2012
    I was listing conditions that were a part of the category terminal illness. You seem to be confused, it simply means your condition cannot be cured. Doesn't necessarily mean you must die for it to be a terminal illness. So yes, you're correct you can't get MMJ in NJ for diabetes, but MMJ certainly does have it's uses in treating it.

Also, I can choose to answer whatever I want. The purpose of my posting right now is to oppose you.

Edit: I would also like to inform you that you can receive a recommendation by a doctor depending on whatever condition you have...dying or not. I know of a woman that receives MMJ in the state of NJ for her condition, yet this happened way before MMJ was legalized in NJ. Does she receive her medicine from the state? That I can't say, but she is permitted to use it and no one gives her any trouble.

11. #12 higherfire, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2012
    first of all your a shit head for saying its only on your death bed, you clearly don't know anything about NJ MMJ laws

New Jersey Medical Marijuana

Go there, Glaucoma is listed.... so why do you persist on telling me my uncle is out of luck.... id be willing to bet that in EVERY SINGLE MMJ state Glaucoma is eligible for MMJ

Nj is 1000000x more strict than a state like California, but you don't need to be dying. You can get MMJ in NJ for things like Chrones Disease as well... I have a friend that has chrones and he is not dying........

You shouldn't insult people if you don't know what your talking about you just look idiotic lol

Edit: Im also from Jersey shit head, i don't pretend like i know everything about MMJ laws here, i clearly know barely little and asked the question for more info

12. I saod mostly cancer and aids and i put death bed in quotes... And read what it says about glaucome. And see if your uncle can actually get it. If you could read i said i was wrong and i wrote that . And if you could look that up whyd you have to make the thread ???

13. If you hear anything on the Montclair site becoming active (assuming it will be the first in NJ) please repost on here and let me know

I think i read somewhere they are looking to open up around the end of Sept. but i maybe mistaken :confused:

14. [quote name='"higherfire"']

If you hear anything on the Montclair site becoming active (assuming it will be the first in NJ) please repost on here and let me know

I think i read somewhere they are looking to open up around the end of Sept. but i maybe mistaken :confused:[/quote]

I heard the same ^

15. My thread was not to see if my uncle could qualify, as i was 100% positive he would until you said he wouldn't

I was just wondering if anyone had some solid information as when the dispensaries would start distributing medication, i read articles all the time but I haven't seen a set date or anything extremely promising

I also know our Governor is not down with Marijuana, did you hear about the law they passed in some type of court which will decriminalize marijuana possesion under 14gs to tickets?

I know it still has to go up to a higher court than eventually our gov. who stated he does not support it....

If you have any info on that id be glad to hear it , i haven't heard anything about it in a while

16. Its not gurantee your uncle will man. There super strict on the laws ive heard man like reallllly strict did you read the thing it said something about gulacome in paticular. And yeah i heard about the 14gs in the summmer idk what happned. I thinks if the christie whos fucking us.

17. yeah christie is a fag, he said he doesnt support it

But no i didnt see where it says something about in particular, can you link me?

This is what i read that would make it seem like he should qualify

"Glaucoma is among the most common medical conditions treated with medicinal marijuana. There is no cure for glaucoma, but with your ophthalmologist's guidance, you can combine medical marijuana with traditional glaucoma drugs to create an effective treatment plan to delay or avoid surgical intervention."

His glaucoma is extremely severe, he is legally blind, so im assuming that he would qualify, i hope he can but if you read anything contradictory to what i said feel free to link me, sorry for the hostility before lol

18. [quote name='"higherfire"']yeah christie is a fag, he said he doesnt support it

But no i didnt see where it says something about in particular, can you link me?

This is what i read that would make it seem like he should qualify

"Glaucoma is among the most common medical conditions treated with medicinal marijuana. There is no cure for glaucoma, but with your ophthalmologist's guidance, you can combine medical marijuana with traditional glaucoma drugs to create an effective treatment plan to delay or avoid surgical intervention."

His glaucoma is extremely severe, he is legally blind, so im assuming that he would qualify, i hope he can but if you read anything contradictory to what i said feel free to link me, sorry for the hostility before lol[/quote]

Same sorry bout the hostility. Read the link i posted prior and go to frequency asked questions. Or ill jus post it when i turn my comptuer on

19. A physician must certify that a patient has an approved debilitating medical condition to participate in the Medicinal Marijuana Program. Approved debilitating medical conditions include:

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
    Multiple sclerosis
    Terminal cancer
    Muscular dystrophy
    Inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s disease
    Terminal illness, if the physician has determined a prognosis of less than 12 months of life.

The following conditions apply, if resistant to, or if the patient is intolerant to, conventional therapy:
    Seizure disorder, including epilepsy
    Intractable skeletal muscular spasticity
    Glaucoma

The following conditions apply, if severe or chronic pain, severe nausea or vomiting, cachexia or wasting syndrome results from the condition or treatment thereof:
    positive status for human immunodeficiency virus
    Acquired immune deficiency syndrome
    Cancer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.