Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

NJ Dispensaries - Ranked by Quality/Price

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by lessthanjeezy, May 14, 2018.

1. Hey Blades,

I am a new patient in the NJ MMJ program and figured this could be a good resource for people to discuss the different dispensaries quality/pricing or anything else you would like to discuss, and I will update as I visit new dispensaries and give my review on any strains I have tried. So far there are only 5 in the state with another one opening soon, but hopefully the road will be open soon to more dispensaries and more competition.

So far I have been to Compassionate Sciences in Bellmawr (Now Curaleaf)
    I purchased the following:
    -10:1 CO2 oil (On sale for $50, for 0.7 g in split up in two syringes - 350 mg THC total)
    -Blueberry Silvertip (Indica Dominant, $100 for a quarter. Nugs were small, and it seems most of their cannabis smells similar when you open the packaging but after putting it in a jar and grinding it, had a very nice sweet smell to it. Great for when I wake up in the middle of the night, smoke a bong pack and right back to sleep)
    - Purple Urkle (On sale for $90 a quarter, lower THC percentage than the silvertip at around 15% but another good Indica, been using it to roll joints)
    -Chemdawg ($55 for an eighth, hybrid again with pretty small buds but smokes nice for a daytime flower)

Prices are ok at Curaleaf, but would definitely like to see them come down and the ability to purchase more than a 1/4 at a time. Next stop will be to either Breakwater or Garden State Dispensary. I will let you know what I pick up and how it compares to Curaleaf

• Like Like x 1
  2. For those in the NJ program that like using vape cartridges as their method of consumption, since those are not available to us yet I found a way for us to make them ourselves. Curaleaf dispensary (formerly Compassionate Sciences) is the only dispensary that has oil that can be vaped, so pick up some of their 10:1 or 5:5 oil (I prefer the higher THC content so go with the 10:1) and then you can buy empty cartridges either online or at a vape shop. I got mine at Pure Puff in Berlin for about 4 bucks. It is a little difficult to load it as the oil is liquidy and there isn't a thin metal tip to get down into the side of the cartridge (although I had a metal tip from an old cartridge refill which worked well. I recommend asking at the vape shop if they have anything like that that will fit in the side of the cartridge when refilling)

These cartridges can be used with basically any 510 threaded battery, you just don't want to burn them at too high of a temperature. They work well and are a nice discreet way to medicate on the go. Just a tip for anyone that was looking into that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Went to Curaleaf again over the weekend, this time I picked up some a 1/4 of Blue Tahoe and a 1/4 of Wappa. I gotta say, Curaleaf needs to start paying attention to the first half of their name. I am pretty positive neither quarter was cured in the least. Both smelled like lawn clippings when I got the bags open. I currently have them in their own jars and will be burping them a couple times a day trying to cure them myself, but they very clearly are trying to push product out without a proper cure on it which really sucks. Hoping this changes going forward when they can expand their grow and not have to force out sub par cannabis

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hey Blades, stopped at Compassionate Care Foundation in Egg Harbor yesterday for my first time. The person I met with during my new patient appointment was very nice and went through the strains they have there. Not as big of a selection as curaleaf, but no question that Compassionate Care Foundation cures their cannabis far better. I picked up a quarter of their Sour Banana Sherbert in buds, and a quarter of it in shake (about $50 less per quarter). The only other strains they had were blueberry (which I have some right now from curaleaf) and a high CBD strain.

The smell of the sour banana sherbert really punches you in the face with diesel and sour skunky smells, really really nice. It is about 27% THC and gives me a nice level headed high, solid hybrid that doesn't get you too energetic but doesn't lock you in the couch either. The look of the buds is beautiful as well, and covered in trichomes. It was a about $18 more expensive per quarter than Curaleaf but they did give me a 10% travel discount since i came from over an hour away. I will definitely be back there at some point.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bringing this thread back from the dead, never updated it on my review of Breakwater in Cranbury, making my third trip there today:

Breakwater's prices are on the high end, but the flower quality is excellent. $115 a quarter, $58 an eighth. I have tried the Bubble Gum, Grape Ape, Kush IV, and Kush VIII.

The Kush IV is hands down my favorite, around 27% THC and really helps me sleep well. The Kush VIII is also a really nice night time strain. I liked the bubble gum and the grape ape, but am more likely to get one of the Kush's when I go. The staff at Breakwater is also extremely friendly.

Their cartridges are really expensive at $75 for a half gram and I think their cartridge quality isn't as good as Curaleaf which sells half gram carts for $60 and sometimes cheaper if there is a sale (still pricey, but better than 75).

Still have yet to make it to Harmony, Garden State or Greenleaf yet, if anyone has share your experience here.

6. Neither Curaleaf or Breakwater are close to my home, but Breakwater is around the corner from where I work. Still I make that nasty drive to Curaleaf. Quality is about the same, but better selection and price at Curaleaf. Also, l have a pretty accurate scale. Curaleaf is consistently a little bit high. Breakwater’s always been a little shy.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Thanks for the feedback. I personally think the quality at Breakwater as far as flower goes is a lot better than CL's flower, mainly because Curaleaf doesn't dry and cure their flower properly so it all ends up smelling like lawn clippings rather than varying smells for different strains.

8. $60 a 1/8 is to rich for me when they go for $20 on the outside for just as good if not better smoker grade. I find most bud at the dispensaries to be to hyped up. Now Dabs on the other hand or way better from the dispensaries then anything I've gotten off the outside ever.There I don't mind paying $50-$70 a gram for a dab that 80% or even 90% plus .

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yes, it is expensive at NJ dispensaries now, mainly because there are only 6 for the entire state. Need some competition to bring the prices down. And no hash oil you can really dab available in NJ right now (other than a co2 oil from one company that I wouldn't want to dab really). But once it is available, that is where most of my allotment will go. Breakwater in NJ does have some absolutely fire flower though, I will say that.

10. So, made the drive down to Curaleaf after work yesterday. With all their wacky discounts, paid $63 for a quarter ounce. Still pricey, but I’ll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Yeah I was just down there yesterday as well to grab a cart and a quarter, only discounts I get are their posted ones and tryin to stack my loyalty points for $20 off a purchase

12. Not sure how they work it out, but between being over 65 and a disabled vet, I get 20% off. Given the choice I’d rather be young and healthy. On top of that, they have a March Madness thing going on. Plus the strain I bought was on sale for $90. Blue Dream, not my favorite, but 23% THCA and I’ll be making edibles.

13. See how it goes on Monday- Murphy said if they do not get the votes, he will solving this problem with handing out a lot more licenses. NJ Medical program has gotten to the point where anyone can get a card. If he hands out more licenses, and removes the 90 day renewal requirement. It will forces dispensaries to lowering the prices. (Hopefully)

14. Yep I saw that, definitely encouraging considering how up in the air the vote is tomorrow

15. Do they not have online menus anymore on curaleaf? Maybe they changed sites, I tried to get ahold of someone but only got voicemail -_-

16. They now have an online ordering option on their website where you can see everything they have and place an order for them to hold it til you get there

17. oh nice!

18. Made my first trip to Harmony Dispensary since I was in the area on Sunday, plenty of parking and wasn't very busy when I got there around noon. I ended up getting a quarter oz of Purple Crack, and 3.5 g of prerolls of SFZ. They are closed on Saturdays as a heads up.

Got a 10% discount because I came from over 25 miles away, and the total came to $162 after tax (robbing us medical patients). I was surprised to see the pre rolls were the same price as the flower, but they supposedly use actual ground flower for their pre rolls rather than trim and shake. They also offer one strain 20% off of pre ground and pre rolls every day but it was their CBD heavy strain yesterday.

Got 7 pre rolls each with .5 in them, the packaging is great, 7 individual joints in their own doob tubes which is really nice, although the first joint I tried was extremely tight, definitely need to loosen them up a bit but they smoked really smooth with all white ash, and got decently stoned off it.

Ground up some purple crack later, smell is nice but not overwhelming and I tend to stick more toward indicas, so this hybrid had me feeling weird. It was a good high but definitely couldn't sit still, had to get up and do some shit so it seems like a great daytime strain when you need to get shit done.

Quality I would say is not as good as Breakwater or Compassionate Care Foundation but far better than Curaleaf's flower.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Great Information!

I am located in Central/Northern, NJ (Union County)... and just applied for an appointment to a MMC doctor nearby, I am awaiting if they'll "Accept" me for my appointment.

I currently suffer from anxiety, have so for years and have been diagnosed, medicated, and as much as it helps I hate the medication. I have my doctors records that are needed, I've discussed this with my PCP before and it's like he's changed his mind over the years. He doesn't care about marijuana he admits it's harmless, has always told me so. But when I asked him about it recently he said it's not all that great and didn't really want to give me any information or advise.. probably a tactic to keep a patient, regardless I'd still have to see him for my medication as you can't simply just stop taking it.

I am just hoping they accept me, don't give me a hard time, and I can visit one of these dispensaries. I personally only enjoy dry herb aka flour, which is not always easy to get on the "street" here, which is rather sad because you can get just about anything else... Just shows how messed up this State is at the moment.

If you have any other information please let me know, I'll keep my status posted, really praying that I can see the MMC Doctor and not have any conflicts with my PCP.... I also suffer from chronic back pain, I've had an MRI done on my ankle about 2 years ago for a slip and fall which left me with a horrible sprain, I still limp sometimes when the weather is cold. My shoulder also has bad tendinitis as I played sports growing up with a lot of full-contact up until about my mid 20's where I just had to stop playing... Ahhh wish me luck!