..:: nitrogen ::..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bcos_i_got_high, Sep 3, 2008.

1. About pissing on plants... there is lots of nutritional value in human urine for plants, I think its the stench and pure savage behavior that makes it an unpopular choice for nourishing plants.

But hey... Bat and worm shit works great as an organic nutrient... You were asking when to use high nitrogen... add lots for growing stage and almost nil for flowering stage.

2. what are other good sources what can be found easily ?
    my local sells bat guano but its fairly expensive and dont really have the paper ..

3. Bat Guano is higher in Phosphorus and better for flowering...

Worm Castings would probably help some but are also expensive... It really also depends on what you're growing in; Hydro, Soil, or Soiless?

For budget grows; Buy a generic brand of potting soil that has time released nutes in it, and also buy a bloom solution (Miracle Grow works fine). Start out the plants in rock wool or peat moss for the first 2 weeks then plant in their final sized pots with the soil. Use only water until the nutes run out then start feeding it the bloom solution... If you're going hydro or soiless you'll need to buy special chemical nutes like Bio Bizz or Fox Farm (designed for cannabis and can't be bought at the local gardeb store; go online and google those names)

Hope this helps.
    Peace

4. I think its awesome how you can admit it but regardless, no you dont have a right... ESPECIALLY since you're in the ABSOLUTE BEGINNER sub forums... Give people a break will ya LOL...? But I do give props ( or proper respect for you older crowds) to You cantharis for being a Vet/GanJa Guru... sides the point..

MEXICAN bat guana is high in Nitogen guy!

Or that MG slow release crap... I've heard of people use it in Hell'of alot smaller dosages then the packets recommend and hear they get good results

5. Dude this has all the nutes you need for veg. You just mix it straight into you're water. Its also only £3

Attached Files:

6. #26 bcos_i_got_high, Sep 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2008

this is a quick giggle for you mels lol i picked a box of that same stuff up yesterday right it was the last box and i needed to have a look around and couldnt be bothered carrying it so i stashed it with some other box's anyway i had my look around then got a phone call saying i needed to get back n quick eneways i kinda rushed back and picked the rong box up !! i honestly didnt realize anyways when i got home i thought yerrh al have a gander at my new plant food got it out and turns out that i picked up a box of compost grrowing mix asumat hahaha i can never get anything right lol
    oh ye mels i got some veg food in my garage i just found it at b&q websit its ;
    Vegetable Food Concentrate is specially formulated to supply the right balance of nutrients for the cultivation of root and green-leaved vegetables. Encourages high yield, flavourful vegetables.
    Product Features

Brand: B&Q
    Basic chemical care info: Keep out of the reach of children and pets
    Usage: Suitable for use on containerised and bedded plants
    How is product applied?: For container plants add one capful (30ml) to 5L of water. For outdoor soil grown plants double the dose to two capfuls per 5L of water.
    Manuf part no: F50029
    Organic: No
    Product Type: Plant & Vegetable Food
    Specific Product Type: Liquid Plant Food
    Water Capacity (L): 1.2

Additional Information

Makes up to 200 litres
    Fast acting
    NPK Fertiliser Solution 9-3-6

would this stuff be any good ??

7. cheers pal thatnks for all your advice.. can you start using plant food at an early stage ?

8. #28 DaGanjaMonster, Sep 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2008
    Well I have never been called a Mexican since I was born and raised in Northern Canada. Bat Guano is best used to promote blooming not growth my friend, but think what you like, I am only here to help people grow better weed not to fight/argue with people who don't research facts before making a claim.Having said that, I am sure there is guano out there that has nitrogen added to it. Would not surprise me... I just have only ever used it as a bloom booster. Peace

9. lol i wandered where the mexican bit came from i just asumed that people use bat poo from mexico haha so bat guano is just for flowering stage ? can you grow a plant from start to finish completely organic no nutes or ferts or w.e else ?

10. #30 OG'er 4rEaleR, Sep 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2008

Dude... Do some MORE research... Theres different types of Bat... fruit eating and insect eating... Ill post some pics in a minuet... and dont patronize when you havent done YOUR homework... buddy = )

11. Ok forget the pics... No need

More information about Bat Guano

Guano comes in different types and in different stages of decomposition. Sea birds, bats, and pelicans all can produce usable forms of this fertilizer, with different components and levels of minerals. Bat Guano contains 100% natural organic matter and contains different types of elements that feed quickly or wait in reserve for the plant to use later on during the growing cycle.

Guano works so well because it contains very little impurities for a soil conditioner. With a rich, nitrogen base Bat Guano will show dramatic improvements in your plants almost immediately. And since it has a very low odor, Bat Guano can be used indoors with house plants as well

http://www.gardeniq.com/store/product/Bat-Guano,167,94.aspx

There is also high in phosphorus which is beneficial in flower stage...

Im in this for the same reason my friend but dont question other people when you obviously havent even bother to google... good job..

12. This took like what?? three seconds on google...

13. [​IMG]

14. how high haha a classic mate i luv it

15. I get a good load of NPK from my Russian comfrey fert - see link.

16. And flowering MJ needs just as much K as P - lots of MJ growers do not realise this - there are loads of K-deficient plants that would yield much more if this were remedied.
    Read this
    http://www.allotment.org.uk/fertilizer/npk-fertilizer.php

haha sorry guys... I overlooked the idea that there may be other types of Bat Guano out there. I was looking at my Bat Guano which was 28% Phosphorus being the bulk of the plant nutrient. I knew that Bat Guano had Nitrogen but I didn't realize that there was Guano out there that was also high in Nitrogen to be used during veg.

I have been using my Guano for years, I sprinkle it on top of my mix after first flowers and again 3 weeks later. Please forgive my narrow mindness on this topic. You're right I should have looked for more facts before making a false claim such as that.

My sincere apologies... I stand corrected. Its okay, I have been wrong before... haven't we all?

Peace