Nitrogen Deficiency during flowering - nute question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by shagwells, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

I believe my Nirvana NL is showing some sort of N deficiency due to fan leaves turning from natural green to now lighter green and I was wondering what's going on?

I probably have about a month or so left on it and according to Fox Farm, they recommending using grow big twice during flowering as well. Since some of my fan leaves are lighting up in the green color, I thought I listen to it so I did 3/4th a tsp of grow big (they recommend 2 tsp) along with 2 tsp of big bloom and 2 tsp or tiger bloom.

It's been 5 days now and it still looks the same imo and I still see fan leaves lightening up. At first I thought it might be the lights but my other plants that are similar to height doesn't seem to have that problem. The pic shows one big fan leaf more faded looking than others, but leafs on that plant are slowly showing signs of that as well.

(On 1st pic)The plant on left is normal in color and the one on the right is dark green sativa pheno - something to compared it to.

So what do you guys think? I know fan leaves die as a part of a process and all, but this plant is just overall less greener than others. You guys think I should give it another small dose of N using grow big again? Maybe flush after 5 days of that too even? Just doesn't make sense it needing N at this stage in game. In tigerbloom it even has some levels of Nitrogen at 2-8-4...

TY in advance,

Shag-

PS: 1st pic is the plant in the middle of the 2nd pic.

Attached Files:

2. How long has it been flowering

3. 3 weeks now

4. I used to have problems with nitrogen in previous grows, while using foxfarms. I had gotten the schedule from my local hydroponic store, but when my dog had destroyed that schedule I had to get a new one via their website. On their website, they had a different schedule which called for growbig weeks 1, 3 then flush, 4, 5 then flush then no more. Basically, it ran BB/GB/TB Week 1, then took out GB week 2, then GB again on week 3, flushed it and then repeated it. Also, I had changed up my feeding schedule with plants that were giving me problems with nitro def. in flower. I would feed them on monday, and then on wednesday keeping their PPM's high, then on friday I would give them a good watering and bring the PPM's down. Monday feed again, wednesday.. etc. Also, how long did you veg these for? And did you load up on nitro during veg? Normally Nitrogen is a nutrient for vegging and only really needed during the first 4 weeks of flowering, IIRC. After the first 4 weeks it doesn't require the same amounts, but i've been following their schedule via online and it's been going good. Hope I could help

5. #5 buddogmutt, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2012
    i like to use Alaska Fish Emulsion is a 5-1-1...all organic fert...wont burn(unless you're stupid and REALLY OVER USE)...and will suppliment N for flowering...sold at home depot..$12

Attached Files:

6. What is your runoff pH and how are you measuring?
    If pH too low plant will not get sufficient N even if enough is in soil.

7. ph is fine......first sign of ph being off is purpling stems...stems look geen and healthy..dont look for light leaves to turn back lush green...some strains wont repair...look for any new ones yellowing...

8. I got Nl going and I had the same problem. I was concerned about giving tb and gb but I finally did at full strenght and she looking good new growth coming in nice and green again. I'm 4 weeks into flowering