Nitrogen Def.....

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by blakeshouse, Nov 15, 2009.

1. I am in the middle of my 3rd grow and the first since moving. I had some PH issues but those are doing pretty well at this point. The prob I am having now is some seeming nitrogen def in my plants. (turning yellow on the edges and progressing to the rest of the leaf). Can my well water be so hard that it is causing the N def while still allowing the plant to grow "fairly well". I am using fish emulsion at 5-1-1, PH is 6.5-6.8. It seems to be constant in all plants and has shown up on 3 new clones i got about a week ago.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

2. If your using veg nute and your ph is right, chances are it isn't a nitrogen def.

3. Gonna keep everything else the same and start using RO water from wally world and see if it clears up any. Got 5 one week into 12-12, 2 veggin and 5 clones working and I don't want to have to start over.

Got northern lights, purple kush, ice, bubalicious, and what was supposed to be juicy fruit but it is 100% sativa so it is anyones guess what it actually is. Four in flower are the northern lights, it is the 3rd gen from some clones I got a while back. The rest are just rooted cuttings. My next flower I hope to have 1 of each going.

4. With your 5-1-1, (I use this occasionally) are you feeding full strength and how often are you feeding them? I used to use it on every plant for a long time. I personally find it great to give it that last weak dosage of nitrogen around week 4 in flower. I find that the Alaska is powerful stuff and needs to be cut at least in half most times.

5. Thanks Don, I made it about 3/4 strength so that may be what has happened to my flowering ones but the seedlings have had nothing but water so far. I think the change to RO will help. WE WILL SEE

6. Thinking on this more and more I feel that the prob IS the water. Watered with RO adding just a little lime and epsom salts today. Will se over the next few days if anything changes. As long as it is for the better I certainly hope so.

One of my new clones was too close to the light and fried so I am down 1 strain. Next thing to happen was the sativa I had went hermi on me so the 2 clones from IT will have to be toosed too. Luckily I still have a few beans of that one.