nitrogen burn?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by housefullOweed, Feb 10, 2012.

1. What type of medium; soil or hydro? vic's super soil
    What brand and type of soil? n/a
    Indoors or outdoors? in
    What strain? White widow
    How old are the plants? 1 1/2 weeks
    What type of lights and how many watts? 8 100 watt equivalent cfls
    How far from the lights? 3 inch's
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? RO water every 3-4 days when the cups are lightweight
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? n/a
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? havent calibrated the ph meter yet ><
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 84 avg 10-11%
    What size pots? solo 16 o/z cups
    Any bugs? Look real close. no
    Any other pertinent info?

v ic's super soil slightly augmented
    2.8 cu ft promix
    1.0 cu ft ffof
    8 cups Bone Meal 0 10 0
    4 cups Blood Meal 12 0 0
    25 lb pure worm castings 1 0 0
    7.3 cups greend sand 2 tbsp per gal
    4 cups powdered dolomite lime
    4 cups kelp meal 0.6 0 1.5
    Epsom salts
    25% perlite

I have 4 seedlings total white widow, ak-47, sour ak, and fruity chronic juice, white widow is the one that is giving me problems none of the other plants are showing any symptoms of anything they all look perfectly healthy. I am thinking that the problem is most likely nitrogen burn the leaves are drooping severely and there is dark brown forming at the tip of the leaves, but i am not sure of this can any one confirm? I am also wondering if the problem could be wind burn, there is a fan less than 6-8 inch's away and blowing directly on all of my seedlings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Ive done a bit of reading up on low humidity since mine is so low and i am starting to think that the %10-%15 humidity might actually be my problem, what do you guys think?

3. i would say your plants dont look to bad. maybe a little over watered. let her dry out a lil if she keeps drooping we know its not over watering. just let the little baby adjust to your mix. you do have plenty of nutes in there for her

4. I'm pretty sure it couldn't possibly be over watering the plants are watered every 3-4 days when the containers feel light.

5. I think that soil mix is a tad too hot for some seedlings, I usually put seeds into a lighter weight soil and then transplant into my hot stuff for the last 6 weeks of veg. Might just cut what you mixed for the small plants, then move them into it from the seedling soil(the cut stuff). Cut it with peatmoss and perlite 50-50 and see if you get a better acceptence percentage on your seedlings?