nitro tox?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by clifton420, May 8, 2017.

1. #1 clifton420, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
    think i gave to high nutes on my last 10gal of nute water ran through 3 plants on my autopot system. it wicks from the bottom so constantly fed. should i just flush before switching to flower because with the autopots most the salts accumulate in the top inch or so of medium. is it ok to flush from the top since its bottom fed

edit: photo would help lol

read that twisting of new growth and cupping of the fan leaves before the new growth is a sign of nitro tox 14942210539121172861213.jpg 14942210539121172861213.jpg

Attached Files:

2. @Trichuk41 since flashed them books you probably read them so this look like nitro tox? it doesnt have the typical claw but one of my other plants does. flushed them both down to 230ppm run off but went in with 150ppm tap with some drip clean it started around 1k lmao

3. Tell more about your system and what you been feeding and how you been feeding. You also look like you been overwatering a bit. See how your leaves are droopy, and you have a bit of a claw coming on(doesnt always mean N toxic). Also you have bumps or speed bumps on your leaves? And bit of puffyness. I know a lot of water went through it recently but that stuff doesn't happen just from one big over watering.

What kind of soil is it as well? And pot all the fun stuff, lights ect.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah I would say you over fertilized...normally...coming from the info I just read, most bottom feed problem happen because people put to much nitrogen.
    You need to flush the system with fresh water for one or two waterings.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. #6 clifton420, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
    yeah its a wierd system. the puffed leaves are from water stress i think. they are in autopots. they wick from the bottom so they are always watered and fed. been using rx green solution grow a and b. recently added in hydroguard and drip clean. think the drip clean is messing with me since i wasnt using it from the start. in this system any salt settles at the top supposedly. temps dont usually go above 80 and have 3 fans in there. humidity has been 40 to 60. my light is a mars hydro 144 reflector usually 18" or higher as my plants are different heights cause i wanted to do multi strains for some stupid reason lol. thought i wasnt usimg enough nutes so i went by a feed schedule the dudes who sold me my system used and it was too much live and learn

edit: medium is coco and hydrostones. it may or may not have enough drainage with them. butbthats why i have a no till 15g pot cycling right now. and if i use these autopots again need to buy the airdomes for them just want to get them to harvest atleast haha

6. already ran 10 gals of water through 2 pots. they are close to 4g pots so maybe should have flushed more buy this was just the other night i flushed shortly after this post. i usually over react cause these are my first born girls. have 2 sons already that eat me out of house and home lmfao my lady always wanted a girl so i was like ok ill give you one and the ladies were born haha

7. Yeah, I never messed with a wick system wish I could be of more help.

8. yeah ive never messed with them either till now. theres a valve in the bottom that lets it fill to a certain amount then lets the plant wick most of it up before sending more into the bottom. they say the rx green solution set it specifically designed for cannabis but who knows lol. the guys i bought the system from say they dont adjust the ph and run it around 4.5 in the res and let the plants naturally adjust since it has the sinple forms of thw nutrients instead of the bicarbonates or whatever. but thank you for taking the time to look hope after the flush i gave them itll look up. first runoff was over 1k ppm. last runoff was 200 range but i used 150ppm going in with drip clean. because i only have 2 water jugs and going to the store for water sucks, even though its only a dollar fifty for 5 gallons but it adds up

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah I'm not sure..but maybe flush with distilled water...start with 0ppms.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

10. yeah ill give it a day or 2 to recover from the flooding i juat gave her. ill get to the store and get 10g of ro water amd flush the 2 plants im worried about. beem using ro water to feed just not for this flush since i had the drip clean. figure of anything its just leaving some cal mag and other micro nutes behind and with the drip clean should help with deposits

11. guess the twisted new growth could have been caused my heat light stress. few weeks ago i turned the bloom switch on for more watts. but in turn it turned the ir lights on and the one picture may have got too close since its the tallest